Our client is a leader in the Agri-business sphere of data and information. Their job is to assist the Agri-Business and Food sectors by bringing together complex and fragmented information into one place, making it far easier to understand, to use and be shared with their leading clients and the sectors international supply base. They achieve this by various complex means and by connecting the sectors they represent to share key ideas, benchmarking and best practice. Their sector is the future and they are looking to be the dominate player within it.
As part of their ongoing rapid growth, they are looking to source a great Account Manager to join their UK team and manage a number of their key accounts.
The position is to manage the business development activities, driving sales activities and the acquisition of new client business ongoing. The ideal candidate will have a proven track record of business development managing and negotiating within the Agri-Business and Fresh Food sectors.
- Generating leads and efficiently keeping in regular contact with existing prospects.
- Understanding and keeping up-to-date with constant developments.
- Developing a targeted long-term new business strategy.
- Create weekly/monthly forecasts on revenue/target management and end of month reports on revenue and market performance.
- Delivering against these targets to ensure revenue expectations are met.
- Working closely with the marketing department to develop bespoke campaigns to relevant prospects.
- Maximising networking opportunities and regularly using conferences, events and trade shows to increase awareness and develop a further network of contacts.
- Develop strong relationships with clients and coordinate site visits for clients
What will make you suitable for the role:
- Commercially astute and have excellent communication skills, with a proven record in generating significant revenues in the Agri-Business/Food sectors.
- Good awareness and affinity for the Agricultural sector.
- Minimum 2 years’ experience within Business Development/New Business or Account Management role.
- Comfortable in a technological, new product development environment and be able to grasp new concepts quickly.
- Excellent interpersonal & communication skills are vital in order to develop and assure a great working relationship with all stakeholders.
- Attention to detail and being able to work efficiently and diligently is crucial.
- Confident presenting externally and be happy to undertake occasional long-haul international travel.
- A driving licence is essential.
The role will therefore suit a perhaps junior individual who has the ambition to grow into a bigger role rapidly. This is therefore a fantastic opportunity for someone who is keen to get into the AgTech environment and join a truly inspirational & innovative business that are entering a hugely exciting period and are continually looking to support, strengthen and grow their team. The rewards financially and career wise are second to none with this business.
To explore this career enhancing opportunity with a hugely innovative and forward thinking businesses, please submit your resume via this website. To discuss further, please call Max MacGillivray on +44 (0) 1284 715055 for a confidential discussion quoting reference 4774M