Audit & Compliance Manager Required for a leading Fresh Sector Business
Based Spain and South America
Great Package for the right individual
Take this as a fact! Our client is a significant leader in their field and has created a partnership with a key UK/EU retailer that is second to none. They are expanding as a business rapidly and as such they now require the professional services of an Audit, Compliance Manager to take the full ownership of the due diligence management at source for Spain and South America of amazing fresh produce.
Main Elements of the Role:
Majoring on Spain and South America you will be:
- Conducting food safety, quality and legality audits to customer standards (Minimum Standards and Produce Packing Standards) annually on soft fruit, stone fruit, exotic fruit, kiwi sites packing and for grapes and banana when required
- Be based in Spain from May – October and then to be based in South America (Ideally Chile) from November – April traveling to Chile, Argentina, Peru, Columbia, Ecuador, Guatemala
- Constructive audit write up and site support on any CAP that they require as well as assisting in closing CAP out within timeframes with all sites, to the required standard
- You must be self-sufficient, and able to arrange and conduct audits yourself and all that entails
- Knowledge of PPU, PPPL, SEDEX and TQC and ethical issues would be a great asset
- Investigation on any ethical issues arising in those countries, help arrange 3rd party SMETA ethical audits on high risk countries and be familiar with the standards
What we Want to See:
You must have very good English and also speak fluent Spanish.
We would like you to have experience with retailer auditing in factories and packhouses, not just fields and quality standards. This is a role based in food packing facilities so to be noted it will be very limited field work and grower interaction.
This role will require travel, and staying away from home for a number of trips / visits. (depending on seasonality) so you must be an independent and self-sufficient to plan your workload and diary ongoing.
Ideally you will be based in Spain or South America then can move to the other hemisphere when required
As you would expect, car hire, IT, mobile, laptop, IPAD, Hotels / Subsistence will be provided by the client. They ideally would want the individual to be self-employed which is relatively normal for such a role.
Great role! Would have loved to have done this role myself if I had the technical knowledge!
To find out more, apply via this website or call Caroline Croucham on +44 (0) 1284 715055 quoting ref: 4960CC