Bulk Potato Trader Required
Excellent Package + Benefits for the Ideal Candidate
Our client is one of the largest and most diverse produce companies in the UK with interests in all sectors of the fresh produce industry. The company continues to expand its operations and is constantly looking for new opportunities and further growth. Due to this ongoing growth they are now seeking an experienced BULK POTATO TRADER, to join their busy office based team.
The main criteria for the role will include:
- Buying table potatoes from growers and merchants.
- Contacting existing suppliers and developing new suppliers for export, chipping and value added markets.
- Quality control, labelling, etc
- Helping with administration
- Logistics and export arrangements.
Who we are looking for:
- Proven experience and a proven track record within the Potato sector.
- Sound understanding of farmers, potato growing and farming
- Negotiating skills and cost awareness
- Excellent communication skills
- Knowledge of wholesale potato and vegetable markets
- Spanish language skills would be an advantage but are not essential.
This a hugely progressive business and what looks to be a hugely career enhancing role within the potato sectors. Please submit your details via this website or call Max MacGillivray on 01284 715055 to discuss further quoting reference number 4867M