Our client has a very interesting proposition for its clients. They help farmers globally do three key things. Number one – they help cut down the time spent on paperwork, filing and form filling by storing information and making it easy to share. Number 2 – they help decision making by capturing on-farm data, making it easy to use and understand. Number 3 – they help growth by connecting farmers with advisors, peers and others, to share ideas, benchmarks and best practice.
Their view is that they passionately believe that agriculture as a whole will benefit if they empower individual farmers to share the right information, with the right person, at the right time. Hence why the role of Business Analyst has come about. The Business Analyst (BA) is the primary liaison between the customer and developers for software development projects. The BA is responsible for gathering requirements from the customer and communicating these back to the development team. The BA ensures the team is working on the highest value features as indicated by the business, and that these are defined fully and accurately. They support and promote the company set internal framework and ensure features and user stories are structured to enable a smooth flow of work through the team.
The main elements of the role will include:
- Be the go to person for questions and clarifications from stakeholders and software delivery teams for all assigned projects.
- Work closely with stakeholders, including customers, product coordinators and the software development team, to elicit and elaborate functional and non–‐functional requirements.
- Work with Product Owner, UX designers, software architects and the delivery team to produce high quality functional designs, workflows, and process definitions. Contribute to and review technical designs.
- Own and drive the user story definition, elaboration, and grooming process. Lead backlog grooming activities with the software development team. Ensure user stories are sufficiently groomed and accepted by team at the start of each sprint.
- Define and sign off acceptance criteria.
- Assist product owner with prioritization of features, requirements, and bugs.
- Facilitate communication and collaboration between the software delivery team and stakeholders.
- Understand, embrace and advocate the agile methodology used. Contribute to the continued self–‐improvement of the process and team.
What we would like to see from you:
- At least three years’ experience in Business Analyst and/or Product Owner role.
- Excellent communication skills
- Be able to communicate effectively with people from all parts of the business, technical and non–‐technical. Can effectively discuss complex concepts and problems in simple language.
- Professional documentation skills. Proven experience writing quality functional specifications, process models, user stories, and acceptance criteria based on and traceable to the business requirements.
- Highly organised, structured, and thorough.
- Experience with UI design and mocking tools.
- Solid experience with and affinity for Agile/Scrum process, and understanding of role of BA within Agile.
- Ability to contribute to the effectiveness of a high–‐performing agile team.
- Successfully manage own workload, and take personal responsibility and ownership for delivery, behaviours, and self-improvement.
- Complete honesty and integrity.
- Knowledge of the agriculture industry and associated software is highly desirable.
Our client is offering a great package plus bonus for the right individual. This is a great business and has great potential for your career enhancement!
To find out more, please apply today via this website today or call Max MacGillivray on +44 (0) 01284 715055 quoting ref: 4555M