Working with a market-leading client within the Horticultural supplies industry that always tries to give customers the best varieties of vegetables and fruit seeds/planting/propagation material. Our client are looking to a build team with a balanced mix of creativity, commerciality and forward thinking to always stay one step ahead. Delivering quality products to their customers, which suit all ages and abilities, inspiring and enabling gardeners of today and tomorrow to achieve results.
Due to continued success and growth, they are now looking for a passionate individual that will take ownership of a product range for agreed seed categories, expanding and refreshing product ranges as required to meet customer needs, product availability and to drive revenue and profitability.
They will be responsible for continually bringing new and exciting categories / products to market and managing the breadth of appeal to their customers, ensuring there are clear reasons for their place in the product range. Develop concepts that link products together to create solutions to problems faced by customers. Establishing quality standards for products, agreeing specifications with suppliers and ensuring adherence those specifications throughout the season to exceed customer expectations.
Negotiating the best purchase prices for all products within categories, ownership of product gross margins with support from the category controller.
Work with product marketing assistants to ensure product features and benefits maximise sales opportunities.
• Horticulturally trained or significant experience of working with your relevant product ranges with a flare and passion for gardening
• Commercially aware, able to understand and influence the wider implications of proposed actions, how to achieve the best return on investment for your time as well as the ability to act quickly
• Strong negotiator to drive purchase prices and product quality
• Experience of bringing new products to market and working with appropriate product ranges including understanding the growing seasons and its impact on products and customer success.
• Experience of organising and prioritising a demanding workload with proven ability to deliver to agreed deadlines
• Proven experience in making commercially sound decisions
If this sounds like the role you’ve been waiting for and you feel you meet the criteria described above, don’t delay, submit your application immediately.