There is a food revolution occurring. The consumer wants more for less. The consumer wants better quality and taste for less. The consumer wants to be inspired and wants the ultimate of convenience to match. The consumer wants disruption in food innovation to their benefit.
Our client has created that solution.
Having sourced a near perfect management team of some of the sectors best Marketing, Procurement and Supply Chain individuals through Redfox, they have now hit their next key trigger point of looking to source a Chief Financial Officer (CFO) to establish all financial elements and mechanisms to continue their acceleration of growth.
As a key member of the Executive Management team, the Chief Financial Officer (CFO) will be responsible for the overall Finance function of the Company, encompassing the primary day-to-day planning, implementation, management and control of all financial-related activities. Reporting to the CEO & Founder, the CFO will also have a longer term and equally important focus on strategy development and implementation, assuming a critical strategic role in setting the direction of the Company both in the UK initially and then to other international arenas with their unique food offering.
The position includes having direct responsibility for finance accounting, forecasting and funding together with legal, insurance and IT related activities. The candidate will forge strong relationships with multiple stakeholders including shareholders, investors, bankers, auditors and other regulatory authorities as well as the founding group board and finance team.
Overall, the CFO will work extensively with the Company’s Executive Management team, developing strong, collaborative relationships and providing business finance leadership to support the implementation of the Company’s strategy.
The CFO will lead the Company’s Finance team in delivering the following:
- Business and Financial Leadership
- Group Reporting
- Financial Year-end and Audit
- Budget Process
- Strategic Planning Process
- Financial Management
- Risk Management and Compliance
- Tax Planning
- Treasury Management
THE CANDIDATE REQUIREMENTS:
- You will be degree qualified, have significant experience in food/FMCG (or similar sectors) and be ACA or FCA accredited with suitable experience in professional practice.
- Ability to think strategically, but have a hands-on pragmatic approach to implementation.
- Proven track record of strategic financial application i.e. the ability to put forward sound strategic recommendations based on the analysis and interpretation of the numbers.
- Strong organisational skills and attention to detail with an ability to prioritise and work with a sense of urgency to meet deadlines.
- An enthusiastic team player with strong interpersonal skills.
- Skills to develop and negotiate contracts.
- An entrepreneurially-minded self-starter consistently looking for new ways to grow and strengthen the company outside of the traditional boundaries of the CFO role.
- Ability to build strong collaborative relationships both internally and externally.
- Willingness to travel.
- Advanced practical knowledge of MS Office applications (Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint) is essential.
To explore this career enhancing opportunity with a truly unique food business, please submit your resume via this website.
To discuss further, please call Max MacGillivray on 01284 715055 for a confidential discussion quoting reference 4748M