Commercial Account Manager
Up to £40,000 depending on experience plus Benefits
Redfox has been commissioned to source a Commercial Account Manager for a highly thought of business in the fresh produce sectors – the Produce World Group.
As a business they have been farming in the Peterborough Fens since 1898 when Harry and Percy Burgess first started growing vegetables for their London markets. Fast forward to today and they are still a growing family business, passionate about their own farming and collaborating with other expert farmers to supply their key customers, with the finest quality potatoes, roots & alliums which they pack themselves.
Their key expertise is doing the difficult well. They love what they do and that gives them the edge in growing high quality speciality and organic vegetables which is why they have long standing partnerships with their customers in retail, wholesale and processing.
To find out more about the business, see a recent interview we conducted with William Burgess the family Chairman of the Group.
Due to ongoing positive growth, they are now looking to source a Commercial Account Manager to “partner” their Head of Commercial to create ongoing commercial success for the business.
The successful candidate will assist with building the commercial sales strategy and the ongoing customer relationships. As such you will be responsible for maximising the sales and profit opportunity by supporting and directing the business to successful outcomes. The customers will be a varied selection of retail and food service businesses that commit to programmes of supply. You will be responsible for the accurate communication and negotiation of prices, deliveries, specification and service of the fresh products to the customer base.
Key Elements of Role:
- To support the Head of Commercial to deliver the overall vision for business growth.
- Develop the customer and grower base forming long term relationships
- Ensure the business deliveries to customers are accurate and within specification and maximise customer retention
- Plan and deliver sales and profit enhancing trade promotions
- Ensure the team effectively present product and seasonal opportunities
- Liaise with the company departments on a regular basis as required
- Report weekly on progress to the Head of Commercial.
- Excellent level of spoken and written English
- 2-3 years experience within the Fresh Produce/Fresh Foods/FMCG chilled or/and import sectors required
- Experience working with leading retailers/foodservice customers
- Hardworking and honest outlook
- Contribute and work effectively within a team
- Confident and professional negotiator
- Able to adhere to the values and mission of the company
- Full driving licence required as some travel required in the UK and overseas
- Effective communication skills
- Ability to manage change and comply with internal and external business processes
- Competence in Microsoft Office products and ability to adapt to technology-based ways of working
- Degree calibre
If you have the ability to create the “success” for our client in this hugely exciting Commercial Account Manager opportunity with a key player in the fresh sectors, we would be very keen to hear from you!
Apply via this website or contact Max MacGillivray on 01284 715055 quoting Ref:4986M
Please note that all third party applications will be
directly forward to Redfox for review.