Commercial Director Required for a Leading Artisan Food Producer
Ideally based M4 Corridor
Redfox has been exclusively commissioned by a hugely impressive and leading artisan food producer to source a Commercial Director to take them through to their next growth stage.
As a business they have been lovingly crafting artisan chutneys, preserves and sauces for over 20 years. As the consumer becomes more and more aware of their award winning products, the time is right to expand the business into other mainstream retailers, foodservice customers, direct consumer internet sales and to also develop their export potential fully.
So make no bones about this, the role of the Commercial Director is to sell! They want to get additional listings into long term commercial partners/retailers as stated to continue the growth of the business to exceed all of their business expectations.
If you are not able to see the potential of their product and take it into new commercial territories and gain your direct success from that, please stop reading this now. They are not looking for a laptop carrier to conduct PowerPoint presentations to no great effect. They need you with the established commercial team to be targeted, effective and gain additional high value sales.
Included in the remit will be to build and implement the commercial and marketing strategy for the business in the areas previously described. And as you would expect, to be applicable for the role we need to see a professional background in the commercial world at a senior level of fresh food/ FMCG.
Key Elements of the role:
- Strategy development – through market analysis, developing a commercial and marketing strategy, identifying the key opportunities and challenges to ensure the successful growth of the business in key and developing markets.
- Delivery of the Commercial plan.
- Identify key commercial target customers and creating long term profitable commercial relationships with them.
- Working closely with the operational team globally to ensure a strong logistics strategy and excellence in logistics execution.
- Managing the accounts of the different customers, ensuring their needs are met as well as the needs of the company, whether logistical, promotional or financial.
- Partnering with customers to develop trade marketing initiatives to further accelerate rate of sale.
- Delivery of the Marketing plan:
- Partnering with local country marketing agencies to execute the marketing strategy to ensure the client gains significant awareness and ultimately increased sales.
- Execute campaigns across PR, influencer, experiential digital, and in store in the UK, in Europe and ultimately Internationally.
What we want to see:
- Entrepreneurial profile, initiator, strong communicator, assertive, energetic and professional.
- Ideally a proven background in the commercial world at a senior level of fresh food/ FMCG.
- Can work independently and has ability to manage and prioritise different work and skill demands.
- Tenacious and resilient.
- Ability to work with all MS Office products and be a great presenter.
- Ability to “sell” at a senior commercial level.
If you have the ability to create the “success” for our client in this hugely exciting Commercial Director opportunity, we would be very keen to hear from you.
Please apply via this website or contact Max MacGillivray on 01284 715055 quoting Ref: 4900M