Commercial Director Required for An Award Winning Food Business
Based – South West UK
Excellent Salary and Benefits to Attract the Best
Our client is a medium sized award winning ambient premium food manufacturing business currently serving the independent sector, foodservice and key retailers. They are now in a positive position of looking for an experienced Commercial Director to add value to their growth activities by identifying new commercial opportunities within the multiple and foodservice sectors and managing the marketing offering to deliver sales.
An entrepreneurial mindset and great leadership skills will be key to leading the team along with creative strategies and excellent organizational abilities.
The goal is to promote and expand the company’s commercial activity that will generate increased revenues and lead to sustainable growth.
So make no bones about this, the role of the Commercial Director is to sell! They want to get additional listings into long term commercial partners/retailers as stated to continue the growth of the business to exceed all of their business expectations.
If you are not able to see the potential of their product and take it into new commercial territories and gain your direct success from that, please stop reading this now. They are not looking for a laptop carrier to conduct PowerPoint presentations to no great effect. They need you with their established commercial team to be targeted, effective and gain additional high value sales.
Included in the remit will be to build and implement the commercial and marketing strategy for the business in the areas previously described. And as you would expect, to be applicable for the role we need to see a professional background in the commercial world at a senior level of fresh food/ FMCG.
Key Elements of the role:
- Strategy development – through market analysis, developing a commercial and marketing strategy, identifying the key opportunities and challenges to ensure the successful growth of the business in key and developing markets.
- Delivery of the Commercial plan.
- Identify key commercial target customers and creating long term profitable commercial relationships with them.
- Working closely with the operational team globally to ensure a strong logistics strategy and excellence in logistics execution.
- Managing the accounts of the different customers, ensuring their needs are met as well as the needs of the company, whether logistical, promotional or financial.
- Partnering with customers to develop trade marketing initiatives to further accelerate rate of sale.
- Delivery of the Marketing plan:
- Partnering with local country marketing agencies to execute the marketing strategy to ensure the client gains significant awareness and ultimately increased sales.
- Execute campaigns across PR, influencer, experiential digital, and in store in the UK, in Europe and ultimately Internationally.
What we want to see:
- Entrepreneurial profile, initiator, strong communicator, assertive, energetic and professional.
- Ideally a proven background in the commercial world at a senior level of fresh food/ FMCG.
- Can work independently and has ability to manage and prioritise different work and skill demands.
- Tenacious and resilient.
- Ability to work with all MS Office products and be a great presenter.
- Ability to “sell” at a senior commercial level.
If you have the ability to create the “success” for our client in this hugely exciting Commercial Director opportunity, we would be very keen to hear from you.
Please apply via this website or contact Max MacGillivray on 01284 715055 quoting Ref: 5003M