Commercial Manager – Leading Fresh Sector Business
Based Kent with International Travel
Excellent Package & Benefits
With the optimism in the fresh food sectors that consumers may be starting to move away from a heavy reliance on meat and look for more flexitarian, healthy meal choices combined with a positive movement against high sugar goods, our client is ideally placed to continue to enjoy the double digit growth they have experienced in the last 3 years alone.
As such, they have made a strategic decision to strengthen their retail team to meet the increasing requirements from their customers.
They are now looking to source a Commercial Manager with Account Management and business skills. In this role you will “partner” the Senior Commercial Manager and the Company’s Head of Retail in all aspects of the day to day responsibilities of the key UK retail accounts. As you would expect, you will be required to focus your time with those key accounts and there will be significant communication with the customers base. So interpersonal and communication skills are a must.
Main responsibilities of the role:
- To assist in managing a selection of their highly valued retail customer accounts
- Manage profitability and all financial KPI’s effectively in combination with the Senior Commercial Manager
- Be available for overseas travel with the customer when required
- Determine, monitor and review programme costs, resource levels, staffing costs, inter-dependencies and programme risk to ensure effective and efficient programme delivery
- Align programme objectives with business objectives and authorise the selection, prioritisation and planning of all related project activities, to create an integrated programme and reporting process across the account
- Assist to create and lead the joint ways of working within the team, driving alignment, consistency and unity in how the team operates and behaves
What makes the Ideal candidate for this role:
The role would suit a degree qualified Commercial Manager who maybe looking for a bigger challenge who is people orientated. You will thrive on working as part of a team, managing multiple stakeholder sand working in a pressured environment of continuous improvement.
We are looking for an individual who has a previous track record of achieving goals through driving and developing project and programme plans.
Ideally we need you to have previous FMCG experience working with the Top Four Retailers andyYou will need to be PC literate with fantastic communication, numerical and influencing skills.
- Outgoing, with the ability to get on with people from customer to supplier level
- Good analytical skills
- Ability to navigate a number of the clients retail systems effectively
- Excel skills – Intermediate or above to include demonstrable proficiency in:
- Strong negotiation skills
- Well organised with the ability to react to change quickly
- Understanding of Category Management principles.
This is potentially one of the most exciting roles we have seen in our commercial sphere for two defined reasons. Firstly because of the attributes of the client company and their growth to date and secondly because of the commercial freedom they are looking to offer the right individual to prosper.
To find out more about this exciting Commercial Manager role, please send us your details via this website or call Max MacGillivray on 01284 715055 quoting ref: 4962MM.