I’m loving this business. In the cycle of margin pressure and supplier after supplier losing business to retailers going direct…our client is protected due to the strategy of being very niche product wise and adding proper long term value to their worldwide growers.
They are a young ethical business not seeking short term large profits but managing long term commitments to socially responsible farming practices for all of our future generations. They are continuously developing and building the business and are constantly looking for growers who want to share their success. As part of their growth plan they are now ready to source a great Commercial Manager to join their team.
What we want to see:
- We always say it but this is key for this business – a team player. Park the ego at the door with these guys.
- Friendly, approachable and good listener. Respecting the team and willing to learn from them.
- Excellent computer skills. Analytical and eye for detail.
- Happy to work in the pack-house when required. Everyone from the Directors to family members muck in when required.
- Smart but casual ethos. They don’t wear suits and when was the last time anyone wore a tie apart from a wedding that you did not want to go to.
- Go that extra mile especially with retailers to show how different and unique you and the business are.
- Willing to have fun and laugh, life is too short to not do otherwise. Sure you agree….
- With this business you’re a name not a number. None of the corporate bullshit company wrapped up in red-tape that you may see in other large businesses.
What we want to see from you:
- To live within maximum 1-hour commute of their Lincs based site.
- Within 6 months to introduce a new customer to their business and be rewarded for it.
- 5 years + great Fresh Produce commercial exposure.
- Knowledge of Kantar data and how to use maximising the value to the customer and the business.
- Good working relationship with key retailers would be advantageous .
- Basic salary up to £40,000-£50,000.
- Bonus, awarded discretionally based on company & individual performance.
- Relocation covered to £1k.
- Car allowance £5k.
- Pension up to 4.5% employee to match company contribution.
- 28 days hols (inc. bank holidays) Bank holiday worked is given as a day in lieu.
- Working week is 5 days a week and 1 weekend every month on rotation with the team.
This is different. Quiet refreshing actually. Apply via this website to find out more or call me – Max MacGillivray on 01284 715055 quoting Ref: 4808M