Our client is one of the leading exporters of premium & prepared vegetables from East Africa and also the largest commercial grower and exporter of chilies from Kenya! They aim to provide quality products which redefine what innovative, healthy and delicious vegetables should be. And as for their flower business they entered the floriculture industry in 2011 and in 2012 began exporting roses to the Netherlands, Great Britain, Germany, the Middle East and other key markets. In a relatively short time they built their branding name in the East Africa flower industry mainly due to high quality products, modern facilities and commitment and dedication of our professional team.
As a relatively young business of under 20 years of age and with over 4,000 employees working on a multi-site, multi-grower basis they are growing rapidly with a pure international reach. As such this has created a select number of new opportunities to join their highly successful business. They are now looking for a Commercial Manager for Roses to join their team.
Key Aspect of the Role:
The role of Roses Commercial Manager is a key function within the organisation with overarching responsibility for sales and marketing as well as ensuring the smooth functioning of the business at farm management level, including cost analysis, predictions and finance. Product development oversight, new market opportunity identification, customer satisfaction and marketing operations management also fall within this role. Big role!
- Operate as the lead point of contact for all of their customer portfolio matters
- Build and maintain strong, long-term customer relationships in order to best anticipate customer requirements with a view to sales trends and developing strategies to enhance sales.
- Ensure the timely and successful delivery of product based on customer needs and objectives
- Develop new business with existing clients and/or identify areas of improvement to exceed sales quotas
- Coordinate Key Events for both sales and client forecasting
- Conduct competitor reviews to analyze market trends and competition with a view to strategic positioning of prices and product placement
- Expand upon existing developments from technical trials with a view to commercializing them into sales.
- Review trials being undertaken for developments, opportunities and sales follow-up
- Conduct follow up and liaison for the company’s products and initiatives
- Research Trade Fairs and Exhibitions for new opportunities globally
- Set up and lead attendance at local and international events
- Advise on local and international factors affecting the buying and selling of roses
- Determine and manage the marketing budget and deliver marketing activity within agreed budget
- Negotiate client contracts and close agreements to maximize profit
- Conduct and manage the due diligence process focussing on financials and business volumes
- Develop strategic pricing policies in order to develop financial and resource budgets
- Clearly communicate the progress of monthly/quarterly initiatives to internal and external stakeholders
- Prepare reports on account status for weekly sales meeting
- Forecast and track key account metrics (e.g. Quarterly sales results and annual forecasts)
What we Want to See:
- In-depth knowledge of the floriculture industry / professional flower market and ideally roses
- Proven commercial and sales experience within the industry, delivering client-focused solutions based on customer needs
- Demonstrable ability to communicate, present and influence effectively across all levels within the organization
- Client, quality and results oriented
- Team leadership
- Proven ability to effectively manage multiple projects concurrently
- Excellent listening, negotiation and presentation skills
- Able to travel extensively both locally and internationally
- Fluent in spoken and written English
- Educated to degree level in Business Administration, Sales or relevant field
This is a fascinating business with a fascinating future. To find out more, apply via this website or call Max MacGillivray on +44 (0) 1284 715055 to find out more quoting Ref: 4831M