Commercial Sales Manager for a Leading Agri-Business
Salary to Attract The Best
Our client is a farmer owned central storage co-operative working on a multi-site basis bringing service excellence to members across the heart of England and on the doorstep of their food industry consumers. Their key sites are located in the right place to collect agricultural commodities within 24 hours from their farmer members, whilst also being adjacent to consumers, ensuring a unique offer of guaranteed “Just in Time” delivery, for 7 days and 365 days a year. Farmer commitment, farmer control, careful planning and customer care drives the organisation that has accessed substantial grant aid for its members, bringing pioneering new developments to farmer owned storage and food processing for the first time. It is a remarkable business making a real difference to its farmer members and to the food supply chain as whole
Due to increased growth they are now looking for a select number of key individuals to join them to assist driving their ongoing expansion. As part of that process they wish to source a driven Commercial Sales Manager.
Main Element of the Role:
To take the lead sales role in developing and delivering the sales strategy to grow our clients business even further.
Key Elements of the role:
- Ideally the creation and maintenance of an effective Customer Relationship Management (CRM) programme for the business.
- Manage the activities of the Farmer Engagement Managers to ensure efficient use of time in generating new business opportunities.
- Work with the Directors and Senior Executive Management Team to create suitable financial propositions to secure new members.
- Negotiate suitable purchase plans within the agreed authority structure and sales process to maximise long term storage commitment.
- Constantly review and report on the financial returns from non -member revenue generating opportunities.
- Develop the company brand, the proposition and external messaging and be a vocal advocate for the benefits of our clients business model and collaboration in the wider marketplace.
- Ensure that all sales prospects are effectively communicated with and managed within agreed timescales.
- Build effective and productive relationships with influencers across the whole agricultural and arable sector. This includes the likes of key marketing partners, Farm Traders, Agronomists, Land Agents, Legal Advisors, Financiers, Schools, Colleges, Universities and agricultural bodies / institutions such as the NFU and AHDB.
- Representation at Trade Shows, Member meetings and maximising exposure through trade publications and relevant media opportunities.
- Establishing potential market size.
- Identifying new member growth opportunities.
What We Want To See From You:
- Great understanding of the Agri-business market place
- Results driven and commercially aware.
- Effective negotiator and influencer.
- Strong and effective communicator.
- Relationship builder.
- Financial acumen to – cashflow and P&L level.
- Highly motivated self- starter.
- Listening skills.
- Presentation skills.
- Team player.
- Motivational Leadership
- Ability to work under pressure
- Attention to Detail
This is probably one of the most exciting Agri-Businesses currently in the UK to be associated with in terms of career and personal development that we have seen in recent years in this key role of Commercial Sales Manager.
If you believe that you can make a real ongoing positive difference to our client as they grow rapidly in the UK, we would be very keen to hear from you.
Either submit your details via this website or call Caroline on 01284 715055 quoting Ref: 4854CC