We have an exciting opportunity for a Commodity Manager (Agriculture) with one of the UK’s top 15 food companies, and one of Europe’s leading poultry producers. The company supplies branded and own label chicken products to leading retailers and foodservice providers throughout the UK, Ireland and Europe and is the industry leading manufacturer of organic, free-range and higher welfare chicken and turkey.
This is a newly created role, with very much the emphasis on the agri side of the business – (Maintenance, Vets, Farms, Mills and Hatcheries) The Commodity Manager will be a member of the Senior Leadership Team and will be focused on owning our client’s Agricultural procurement strategy. You will work closely with the Group Procurement Director to deliver a robust and sustainable Agricultural supply base. You will lead and act as a commercial representative working across categories in a cross-functional environment, delivering against agreed challenging targets; Focused on reducing risk, cost of our Agricultural spend portfolio whilst maximising value from our suppliers.
As an experienced procurement professional, it is expected that you will have a minimum of five years experience working in a strategic Procurement Department and be able to demonstrate a proven track record in managing a range of suppliers and projects.
- An excellent communicator with strong influencing skills you will be experienced in dealing with staff at all levels,
- comfortable delivering presentations to Senior Managers in a concise manner.
- Demonstrable Strategic Sourcing experience from definition to execution,
- Computer literate and comfortable in using MS office, you will be able to demonstrate strong Excel skills.
- Experience with ERP packages is also preferred.
How to Apply
Just send your CV or call Caroline Crouchman on 01284 715055 – Ref 4965CC