Our client is a farmer owned central storage co-operative working on a multi-site basis bringing service excellence to members across the heart of England and on the doorstep of their food industry consumers. Their key sites are located in the right place to collect agricultural commodities from their farmer members, whilst also being adjacent to consumers, ensuring a unique offer of guaranteed rapid delivery, 7 days a week and 365 days a year. Farmer commitment, farmer control, careful planning and customer care drives the organisation that has accessed substantial grant aid for its members, bringing pioneering new developments to farmer owned storage and food processing for the first time. It is a remarkable business making a real difference to its farmer members and to the food supply chain as whole
Due to increased growth they are now looking for a select number of key individuals to join them to assist driving their ongoing expansion. As such they wish to source a driven Control Room Operator.
Main Element of the Role:
To ensure the smooth running of the Control room elements for the clients main site and that all areas of the plant are kept clean and tidy.
- Monitor and safely control grain movements.
- Operate the control panel operation in a safe and efficient manner.
- Monitor grain in silos including temperature/contamination/quality/insects.
- Meet deadlines of set tasks from Store Manager, often without supervision.
- To identify and implement actions to optimise the operations of the plant.
- Understand specifications of arable crop varieties and having a sound knowledge of contract requirements.
- Operate Forklifts and/or Telescopic Handlers (if trained).
- Load lorries with the correct product to meet specification.
- Tip lorries efficiently according to instruction from the store manager.
- Operate the grain driers safely and efficiently. Ensure risk assessments are documented for all work practices
- Adhere to Company H&S policies and procedures at all times
- Report any breaches of H&S via the Companies reporting system.
- Adhere to TASCC code of practice for the storage of combinable crops and animal feeds.
What We Want to See from You:
- Excellent Communication skills.
- Flexible attitude towards work.
- Attention to detail.
- Good team player.
- Ideally, forklift/telescopic handler licence.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Organisational, trustworthy, reliable and with the ability to make decisions.
- Working knowledge of Excel.
This is probably one of the most exciting Agri-Businesses currently in the UK to be associated with in terms of career and personal development that we have seen in recent years. If you believe that you can make a real ongoing positive difference to our client as they grow rapidly in the UK, we would be very keen to hear from you.
Either submit your details via this website or call Ian Reed or Caroline Crouchman on 01284 715055 quoting Ref: 4797IR