Crop Protection Specialist
Based Eastern Counties
Excellent Package & Benefits
Redfox has been exclusively commissioned by one of the UK’s leading Agri-Businesses to source a key individual to assist in their ongoing growth.
As a business they have over 50 years of highly successful and proven experience in the purchasing, grain marketing and administrative function for over 1400 farming businesses across the UK. They act as an extension to the farm office, with industry professionals purchasing and marketing core agricultural inputs and outputs.
They purchase more than £190 million of products and services annually on behalf of their Members. In total this represents in excess of 350,000ha they act for, purchasing 110,000 tonnes of fertilizer, 45 million litres of fuel, 100,000 tonnes of livestock feed and £30m of agrochemicals. Operating with a very strong balance sheet gives their suppliers added security and confidence in a modern day volatile trading environment.
An extremely key and high-profile opportunity has opened within the business as Crop Protection Specialist with specific responsibility for the procurement of Crop Protection products at the best possible price and offering the highest levels of service to the membership.
Key Responsibilities Will Include:
- Develop robust and competitive relationships with key crop protection suppliers and have a proactive approach when looking at new products and services.
- Assess and investigate possible new suppliers and products in this product area in order to increase and improve service and terms to members.
- Increase member commitment by offering truly unbiased advice.
- Ensure members are kept up to date with developments and new or alternative products as they become available.
- Maintain accurate records of transactions with suppliers, member orders and supplier meetings.
Key Skills We Would Like To See:
- Agriculture (or closely related) degree
- FACTS & BASIS
- Excellent knowledge of the Ag Industry
- Strong negotiation & people skills
- Personable & confident
- Strong attention to detail
If you have the appropriate Agricultural background, are a strong communicator with a desire to be a key member of a highly successful UK wide organisation, we would be very keen to hear from you. Either apply via this website or call Ian Reed on 01284 715055 quoting reference 4936IR for a confidential conversation.
A great remuneration package and excellent career prospects await the successful candidate for this very exciting key agri-business focussed role.