Based in Kent our client has become one of the leading UK suppliers of fresh chilled produce to the major multiples.
Due to continued success, a career-defining opportunity has emerged to work as CUSTOMER TECHNOLOGIST for this innovative supplier. This is a vital role which will require a significant contribution to help successfully deliver the business objectives. You will be expected to proactively drive forward and effectively communicate product and process innovation and quality standards with customers, also ensuring that the state-of-the-art production site meet strict company policy requirements. You will be a significant member of the technical team.
- To take the lead on product, packaging and process innovation
- To help the commercial team develop quality, safe, legal and innovative products
- To understand and exceed customer expectations
- Ensure that strong and proactive relationships are built with retailer’s technical representatives and that all requests and tasks are managed efficiently both for individual accounts and across the wider customer technical team.
- Represent the business in customer technical meetings, conferences, benchmarkings, visits, audits and other customer events.
- Exchange quality and availability information with customers throughout the season
- Proactively engage with the retailer’s technical representative to ensure continuous and mutually beneficial development of the account
- Ensure there is adequate provision of technical support to the factory and wider team to ensure compliance with customer requirements
- Ensure retailer online portals/systems are maintained with accuracy and all alerts and communications are responded to/actioned accordingly
The Qualities we want to see…
- Of graduate calibre – food science preferred
- Strong communication skills
- Minimum two years fresh food experience, specifically with short shelf-life chilled products
- Strong understanding of high care processing environments
- A good track record of successful delivery of innovative product NPD & EPD
- Excellent attention to detail with clear focus on end results
- Kent, UK
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a truly inspirational chilled foods supplier who are entering a hugely exciting period and are continually looking to support, strengthen and grow their team.