Redfox are delighted to be working in partnership with a leading specialist consultancy to recruit an Ecological Consultant / Senior Ecologist to join their team that understands ecological risk.
This is a varied and interesting ecological role as the consultancy is very well known for providing excellent solutions across a broad range of environmental issues. You will need to have excellent report writing skills and enjoy assisting with the effective management of a variable portfolio of work and inputs from sub-consultants and other members of the wider project team.
In this role you will be undertaking ecological surveys and reporting, providing ecological advice and assisting in the day to day management of team activities. It is imperative that you have a balanced approach to ecological risk management so that you are able to benefit both the needs of the client and nature conservation interests.
- Completion of habitat and protected species surveys
- Liaising with clients and other colleagues across the country
- Bidding and producing quotes for new clients
- Negotiating with stakeholders on behalf of clients
- Managing the team on a day to day basis
- Managing projects on a day to day basis
Ideal Qualifications / Experience:
- A degree in Ecology (or a related discipline)
- Hold a NE survey licence for Bats and/or Great Crested Newts
- Proven experience in managing and undertaking habitat surveys and protected species surveys, with excellent identification and botanical skills
- Knowledge of habitat creation and management techniques
- Sound knowledge and understanding of ecological legislation and current best practice / policy
- An understanding of expert witness work would be advantageous
Apply for this role today via this website if you would like to take the next step in your ecology career with a leading consultancy as it won’t be around for long – or call Laura Byrne on 01284 715 055 for a confidential conversation quoting reference 4650LB!