Our client is one of the leading exporters of premium & prepared vegetables from East Africa and also the largest commercial grower and exporter of chilies from Kenya! They aim to provide quality products which redefine what innovative, healthy and delicious vegetables should be. And as for their flower business they entered the floriculture industry in 2011 and in 2012 began exporting roses to the Netherlands, Great Britain, Germany, the Middle East and other key markets. In a relatively short time they built their branding name in the East Africa flower industry mainly due to high quality products, modern facilities and commitment and dedication of our professional team.
As a relatively young business of under 20 years of age and with over 4,000 employees working on a multi-site, multi-grower basis they are growing rapidly with a pure international reach. As such this has created a select number of new opportunities to join their highly successful business. They are now looking for a key Farm Manager to join their team.
Key Aspect of the Role:
Running a key business unit of over 400 hectares for this leading East African business. Established in 2010 as a solely vegetable farm the business has now extended into floriculture industry on this site and 20 hectares out of total 400 hectares are now dedicated to flowers.
- 400 hectares at 2050 meters.
- Open field crops: beans, baby corn, broccoli, sweet corns, sugar snaps, mange tout, salad onions and more as required.
- 48 hectares has center pivot – 30 hectares future expansion.
- 5 hectares are under drip – 14.5 hectares future expansion.
- New modern offices and training facility.
- You’ll be responsible for the success of the company in all areas of growing, technical, harvest, operations and strategic development in terms of this leading Farm unit for the company
THE KEY AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY:
- Planning and managing all farm activities against set KPI’s
- Preparing and implementing budgets and monitoring financial, growing and technical performance to hit target ongoing
- Ensuring that all activities are in strict compliance with relevant legislation
- Dealing with internal and external stakeholders
- Presenting regular updates to the company board/owners
- Developing and implementing the business strategy to successful conclusions all round
WHAT WE WANT TO SEE:
- Ideally a Degree in agriculture or related subject and possibly a post graduate qualification as well
- Proven experience as a Farm Manager of a complex operation and ideally with fresh produce exposure as well and ideally with exposure to Africa as well
- Business, planning and financial management skills
- Human Resource experience, including hiring, supervising, and evaluation of staff
- Experience of working with a Board of Directors
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- The ability to manage and supervise a staff team
- Proven ability to cope with conflict, stress and crises
- Demonstrated ability to share skills and knowledge with others.
This is probably one of the most exciting Agricultural roles that we have seen in recent years in East Africa. If you believe that you can make a real ongoing positive difference to our client as they grow rapidly internationally, we would be very keen to hear from you.
Either submit your details via this website or call Max MacGillivray on +44 (0) 1284 715055 quoting Ref:4832M