Our client is an expanding Fresh Produce business which is family owned and supplies fresh healthy produce to major retailers throughout the UK.
Due to ongoing growth they are now seeking an energetic and highly focused, forward thinking Farm Manager to take on a challenging, team centred role within a progressive and vibrant farming business.
Based in the Worcestershire area and reporting directly to the Family Board, some of the responsibilities will include,
- Day to day management of growing and harvest operations for Production of Conventional & Organic Salad crops.
- Managing and understanding the farm’s performance and accounts to ensure you manage the crop in a profitable manner
- Advanced management of health and safety procedures, working towards world class standards.
- Continual innovation and development of precision farming.
- Introduce more technology used to improve efficiencies and lower production costs.
- Managing, developing and motivating your team to improve their level of knowledge, allowing them to make decisions and get more involved with their career rather than a job
- Direct and co-ordinate worker activities, such as planting, irrigation, chemical application, harvesting, sales and recordkeeping.
- Walking the crops to make decisions on their management
- You will have an involvement with the development of your crop selecting varieties, improving growing and harvesting techniques as well as post-harvest handling, storage and packing.
- Working with seed breeders to develop varieties, improving the crop’s growth habits but also improving the product for the consumer.
- Working with workshops that develop new machinery and modifying existing machinery to improve performance
- Ensuring proactive and preventative maintenance is carried out for all machinery, while coordinating the provision of equipment between various entities in the Produce for all ensuring that at all times all machinery meets both legislative and policy standards.
The candidate will require the following,
- Minimum of 3 yrs. experience in crop management.
- Ability to demonstrate good farming practices
- The ideal candidate for this role will be a strong leadership and people manager with experience of managing large and complex muti-site operations
- High standards of crop husbandry
- Good administration and effective use of IT will be key to the success of this role
- It will be vital you understand the growing environment and all complexities that affect the specific region in order to be able to maximize yield and profitability.
- Strong financial understanding.
- Proven track record of improving operational productivity and introducing LEAN techniques.
- Superior organizational skills.
- You will be experienced in implementing positive change
- A practical, hands-on approach.
- High self-motivated
- A clear communicator with the ability to motivate a team
- BASIS and FACTS qualifications preferable.
- Degree in agriculture preferable
In return our clients offers a great competitive salary, continual professional (personal) development, pension scheme, company vehicle & 31 days annual leave.
To find out more, apply direct via this website or call Max MacGillivray on 01284 715055. 4682M