Redfox has been commissioned by one of the true successes of the fresh sectors…..an ongoing winning business.
Our client was established over 30 years ago and has an exceptional record of being one of the most proactive large scale growers not only in the UK but Europe as well.
As they gain further positive demands from their customers, they are now investing heavily into specific UK production as a natural evolution of their proven business model. Because of this exciting growth, they now wish to source an accomplished Farms Director to run their UK fresh produce farming operations. As such, they will have responsibility for the long term strategy of the cropping and the opportunity to develop that in in a truly exciting and entrepreneurial way.
A key requirement from our client for the role to be a success is an outstanding leadership ability as well as enhancing team performance to build long-term partnerships based on trust and integrity with all their customers.
You’ll be responsible for the success of the company in all areas of growing, technical, harvest, operations and strategic development in terms of the agricultural division. Included in this all will be:
- You will source the best Farm Managers for the UK operations and work with them individually to make sure that production plans are being implemented in a highly effective and profitable manner
- Strong commitment to putting people first and shows the leadership required to deliver successful teams
- A proven track record of building profitable, intensive veg cropping businesses in the UK
- The ability to build enduring partnerships with key customers
- Understands the complex markets in which our client operates and has a proven vision of how to succeed.
- Backs the vision with a clear strategy and operational plans.
- Understands the fundamental importance of building strong supply chains
- Able to develop strong new market entry or new product launch strategies, identify key partners, negotiate terms and deliver the business plan
- Able to identify new market requirements, competitor challenges and the strategic direction of markets
- Engage and excite customers in retail, food service and wider food industry about our farming operation and bring it to life for them
THE KEY AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY:
- Planning and managing all farm activities against set KPI’s
- Preparing and implementing budgets and monitoring financial, growing and technical performance to hit target ongoing
- Ensuring that all activities are in strict compliance with relevant legislation
- Dealing with internal and external stakeholders
- Presenting regular updates to the company board/owners
- Developing and implementing the business strategy to successful conclusions all round
WHAT WE WANT TO SEE:
- Effective personal leadership style with the ability to influence, build consensus, and develop sustainable relationships
- Strong and credible communicator who can engage all levels
- Clearly enjoys time with customers and employees
- Customer focussed, commercial acumen with the ability to absorb data, listen, clarify and provide insight
- Energetic, determined and works at pace while motivating others
- Competitive and enjoys winning
- A strong eye for detail, ability to get up to speed quickly on new issues and show sound judgement and logic
This is probably one of the most exciting Agricultural roles that we have seen in recent years. If you believe that you can make a real ongoing positive difference to our client as they grow rapidly in the UK, we would be very keen to hear from you.
Either submit your details via this website or call Ian Reed or Max MacGillivray on 01284 715055 quoting Ref: 4852IR