Finance Manager for a Leading International Fresh Produce Business
Based East Africa
Salary & Benefits to Attract the Best
Our client is one of the leading exporters of premium & prepared vegetables from East Africa. They aim to provide quality products which redefine what innovative, healthy and delicious vegetables should be. And as for their flower business they entered the floriculture industry in 2011 and in 2012 began exporting roses to the Netherlands, Great Britain, Germany, the Middle East and other key markets. In a relatively short time they built their branding name in the East Africa flower industry due to high quality products, modern facilities and commitment and dedication of their professional team.
As a relatively young business of under 20 years of age and with over 4,000 employees working on a multi-site, multi-grower basis they are growing rapidly with a pure international reach. As such this has created a select number of new opportunities to join their highly successful business. They are now looking for a FINANCE MANAGER to join their team.
Key Aspect of the Role:
Reporting to the Directors and working closely with the Chief Accountant, the role of Finance Manager is critical to ensuring the smooth running of the Finance department by managing and providing leadership to the finance teams ensuring that all financial systems and reporting, internal controls, budgeting and analysis are conducted and delivered in an accurate and timely manner
- Oversee all teams within the Finance function that manage – Debtors, Payables, Payroll, Stores & Procurement, Airlines
- Ensure job descriptions are aligned and reporting metrics adhered to
- Drive capacity building and training of project staff on financial policies, procedures, processes and systems.
- Ensure teams conduct regular and un-announced Stock Takes
- Review bank facilities / financing and suggesting improvements
- Manage Forex / Hedging / CAPEX & manage departmental budgets
- Stocks & Inventory – dealing with Crop-on-Ground
- Complete quarterly accounting (to become monthly)
- Ensure completeness and accuracy of ledgers as posted in the accounting systems.
- Ensure timely submission of monthly accounting reports including trial balances, balance sheets, P&L statements, review and approve balance sheet reconciliations.
- Manage and oversee financial audits.
- Oversee relationships with external stakeholders such as banks and suppliers.
- Ensure statutory returns are processed
- Manage fixed costs controls
What we Want to See:
- Qualified Accountant with a minimum of 10 years’ experience in a fast-paced environment
- Demonstrated attention to detail, ability to follow procedures, meet deadlines and work independently and cooperatively with team members.
- Strong oral/written communication skills and ability to communicate at multiple levels in the organization
- Excellent financial and analytical skills
- Proficiency in Quick Books
- Strong presentation and facilitation skills
- Ability to build effective relationships with all clients, peers, and stakeholders
- Ability to work hands-on, independently, and within team.
- Demonstrated success managing and leading a team
- Strong organizational and interpersonal skills and ability to work in a team-oriented setting;
- Strong computer skills: Microsoft Office Applications
This is a fascinating business with a fascinating future. To find out more about the Finance Manager position with this leading international business ,apply via this website or call Max MacGillivray on +44 (0) 1284 715055 quoting Ref: 4954M