A leader in a competitive market, our client is one of the largest suppliers of fresh flowers and plants to the major UK multiples. Their success is built on an ongoing commitment to quality, customer service, innovation and ethical trading.
Due to continued success, an opportunity has now arisen for an experienced buyer/planner to be responsible for developing and managing effective supplier relationships and managing their performance accordingly. Further key responsibilities include :
- To liaise with the sales team to forecast volume requirements.
- To manage both live and packaging stock on the growing and packing side of the business in the most cost-effective way, ensuring company procedures are adhered to and customer specifications are met.
- To buy from and develop relationships with International and British growers.
- To work with the quality team to manage the rejection of raw material not within specification.
- To create purchase orders, maintain records and report on weekly KPI’s.
- Monitor raw material costs.
- To plan production.
- To arrange outbound dispatch.
- To look to identify areas of improvement, opportunity and innovation and communicate these to the relevant personnel.
You will also be required to identify new and novel products and growers/suppliers globally to support customers’ innovation plans, ensuring new suppliers are integrated seamlessly into their supply chain. This role requires the development of structured sourcing and negotiation strategies for the category, so strong procurement, negotiation and cost base analysis skills are essential.
Experience of Horticulture or fresh produce is would be a distinct advantage.
In addition you will demonstrate excellent communication and relationship building skills, be self motivated, an experienced project manager and have excellent attention to detail.
If this sounds like the sort of role you’ve been looking for, don’t hesitate, get your application in to Caroline at Redfox quoting ref:4991CC without delay!