Salary & Package to attract the best
One of the true successes of the fresh sectors, our leading UK fresh sector client has just commissioned us to source a market leading General Manager to “lead” their rapidly expanding operations in Portugal.
As they gain further positive product demand/requests from their UK and EU customer bases, they are now investing heavily into specific fresh produce production in Portugal as a natural evolution of their proven business model in the UK.
You’ll be responsible for the success of the company in all areas of establishing the business from a standing start in Portugal and then implementing all growing, technical, harvesting, operations and strategic development in terms of the new business “unit” for the UK Board.
THE KEY AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY:
- Implementing and then planning and managing all farm activities against set KPI’s
- Preparing and implementing budgets and monitoring financial, growing and technical performance to hit target ongoing
- Ensuring that all activities are in strict compliance with relevant country and product technical legislation
- Dealing with internal and external stakeholders
- Presenting regular updates to the company board/owners
- Developing and implementing the business strategy to successful conclusions all round
WHAT WE WANT TO SEE:
- Ideally a Degree in agriculture or related subject and possibly a post graduate qualification as well
- Proven experience as a Farm Manager/Operations Manager of a complex operation/business in the agri-business/fresh produce sectors
- Business, planning and financial management skills
- Human Resource experience, including hiring, supervising, and evaluation of staff
- Experience of working with a Board of Directors
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- The ability to recruit, manage and supervise a staff team
- Proven ability to cope with conflict, stress and crises
- EU language skills would also be advantageous
This is probably one of the most exciting General Manager roles that we have seen in recent years in Europe. If you believe that you can make a real ongoing positive difference to our client as they grow rapidly in the UK & Europe, we would be very keen to hear from you.
Either submit your details via this website or call Max MacGillivray on +44 (0) 1284 715055 quoting Ref: 4908M