General Manager Required for one of the World’s Most Innovative Fresh Sector Businesses
Based Australia with a Significant Executive Package on Offer
Redfox has been exclusively commissioned by a world leading client who is a developer, owner and operator of one of the world’s most high tech greenhouse facilities. They use a number of technology solutions to grow crops with less reliance on finite natural resources than conventional greenhouse production. The site was commissioned in South Australia, in 2010 and has over 20ha’s of solar-powered greenhouse with an desalination plant on site for providing fresh water for the associated cropping.
Due to rapid expansion they are now looking to source a GENERAL MANAGER to drive the growth and development of the site through to its next growth stages.
Main Key Elements of the Role:
To be responsible for managing all aspects of the Site, the Health and Safety of all the teams, contractors and visitors, the quality of product and driving efficiencies and EBITDA of the business .
Site Management of the business is key and the key aspects will include:
- EBITDA accountability for the site including budgets & site P&L
- Manage the greenhouse, packing and operations maintenance teams to ensure that tasks are completed within quality specifications and budget.
- Identify operational inefficiencies and proactively pre-empt and manage potential problems
- Drive continuous improvement and business development
- Maintain customer and supplier relations
With a large number of staff, the role will include in the leadership aspect the likes of:
- Develop and implement organisational management structures, systems, procedures and policies
- Identify staff development requirements and implement development plans for the teams
- Provide coaching and mentoring to all staff
- Extoll the cultural values and model for the business and teams
- Ensure compliance with all health and safety standards
What do we want to see from the ideal Candidate:
- EBITDA Focused
- Strong leadership and managerial skills with excellent negotiation ability
- Honesty and integrity with a strong Commercial acumen
- Minimum 5 years senior management (GM or greater) ideally with management of greenhouse operations.
- Proven and demonstrable track record of performance.
- Transformational, or greenfield management experience
- Horticultural degree or similar
- Energy production engineering experience
So in conclusion, you will be an outstanding leader, with a passion for developing people, whilst maintaining the commitment to make difficult decisions as necessary. As you will be highly commercial with a strong understanding of innovative horticultural combined with outstanding customer focus, this will be a particularly important and exciting time to join a highly entrepreneurial and fast paced organisation and to play an important role in driving change and delivering profitable growth ongoing.
Either apply direct via this website or call Max MacGillivray on +44 (0) 1284 715055 quoting Ref: 4825M