Africa is the second largest continent in area in the world and second only to Asia. The continent is full of natural wonders as we all know. The savannahs, rainforests and especially the unique wildlife all add to Africa’s appeal. Many species of flowering plants native to Africa have become common place in the UK, Europe as well as the USA. Our client is one of the leading lights in creating this success and now can very proudly state that they grow, harvest and export globally between 1-1.5million stems of flowers a day to a large number of international clients and retailers.
Due to ongoing growth, they are looking for a key individual to be aligned to them as General Manager.
With various multi-site packhouses and running a team of approximately 1,500 people, the role will include running all elements around this including warehousing, dispatch, supply chain and the numerous client visits as well as the P&L of the operations units you will control. They are keen for the efficiency of the business to be taken to another level on the basis of all food/horticultural businesses having so much profitability held up within the supply chain. The Directors would therefore be keen to see your expertise in Lean/Kaizen Management deployed to maximum effect and for you to create a further revolution in their business in terms of overall efficiency and increased supply chain profitably ongoing.
In more detail:
You will be responsible for the overall leadership of our clients key sites in EAst Africa. You will be fully accountable for all aspects of managing safe and profitable sites with a specific focus on driving performance, developing people and building a culture of continuous improvement & profitability.
Skills & Experience we want to see:
- Graduate calibre with strong financial awareness and wider business acumen
- 5yrs+ Senior Management level experience in an cost leadership FMCG or and Fresh Produce/Horticulture environment
- Demonstrable experience of developing and implementing strategy
- Proven track record of driving and leading cultural and long term sustainable change
- Demonstrable experience of building and managing high performing teams.
- Possesses and demonstrates a strategic mind-set
- Adopts a collaborative, inspiring and motivating leadership style
- Engage stakeholders across at all levels within the business form Board to field
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal)
- Highly motivated – energetic, enthusiastic and always assumes positive intent
This a great opportunity with a great business and one that we are proud to represent. Submit your details today or call Max MacGillivray on +44 (0) 1284 715055 for more information.