Our client moves with the times. With 250+ years of industry-defining excellence behind them, they’re more committed than ever to meeting the challenge of setting today’s global standards. They’re a truly global organisation, working in global teams to help global clients manage and overcome global safety risks. And setting global standards of excellence brings fresh challenges every day – giving their people more access to work that interests them personally and stretches them professionally.
If you have the ambition and international mind-set to match theirs, there’s no telling how far you can go here!
As Head of Technical Account Management you will be accountable for the operational management and support the strategic development of a portfolio of key customers across the food and drink supply chain from farm to fork to maximise “Customised Assurance” revenue and profitability.
You will lead a team of sector-specialist technical account managers operating with key Agriculture, Food Supply Chain and Hospitality and Retail customers; and whose collective purpose is to be key account’s customer focused representatives, to provide supply chain expertise and support to corporate sales colleagues and provide ongoing technical support and leadership to customers and colleagues delivering key services.
You will be empowered to make changes to develop and implement best in class relationship management of services delivered to our client’s key food and drink supply chain customers. The Head of Technical Account Management will be responsible for the technical account leadership and delivery across key account portfolios and ensure that account management processes, approach and teams are fit for purpose and oversee the timely and quality delivery of solutions and services.
- Represent the interests of key global key accounts by acting as their high-level sponsor
- Be the primary point of contact of escalation for key global key account management issues
- Translate complex aims and needs into clear and manageable plans and help determine technical resource requirements to deliver these
- Provide targeted and strategic technical supply chain leadership and advice in the operational delivery of day to day services
- Oversee the development, execution and tracking of key account plans for strategic customers with a focus on driving added value to the customer relationship through effective, high quality and innovative technically led services
- Act as the technical authority in prospective key account and discovery meetings providing technical input to support Key Corporate Account Managers and Sales leads to secure and tender for new supply chain services
- Help grow and retain food and drink supply chain strategic accounts by ensuring overall customer satisfaction and customer focused service delivery
- Help support the negotiation of major new opportunities within existing key accounts including contract retention, extension and expansion and development of strategic partnerships
Professional Qualifications/ Requirements
- Tertiary qualification in a relevant discipline e.g. Food Science/Technology, Agriculture, Environmental Health or equivalent
- Demonstrable technical competence/awareness of risk management, compliance or certification services within the food and drink supply chain
- Minimum 5 years industry experience working in a food safety related environment within the food and drink supply chain, preferably with a global or regional supply chain perspective
Minimum 2 years’ experience of managing customer accounts within the food and drink supply chain
- Relevant qualifications in the field of food safety, environmental health, health and safety e.g. HACCP, EHOR etc
- Experience of the effective line management of personnel
- Knowledge of requirements for businesses in the food and drink supply chain in relation to maintaining compliance to various supply chain legislation and 3rd party certification requirements
- Demonstrating an understanding and experience of executing customer centric services
Experience and knowledge of effective management of budgets including setting, negotiating and tracking
Excellent executive package. Home-based role.
If this sounds like the new challenge you’ve been looking for, please call Ian Reed on 01284 715055 for a confidential chat quoting ref: 5004IR