With over 50 years experience in the industry, our client is a leader in the production of soft fruit and soft fruit plant propagation and supplies many of the major UK multiples and many of the UK’s leading soft fruit growers with high quality plant material. Over recent years the company has made significant investments expanding, modernising and equipping many of their sites. As part of its ongoing growth strategy and future development plans, the company now seeks to appoint an experienced Grower to join its management team.
Reporting to the Operations Director, the successful candidate will assist in all stages of plant raising, and will ensure that the company achieve maximum operational efficiency while maintaining standards of excellence. The ability to build and nurture relationships at all levels, both within the business and externally with customers is vital to the role.
The candidate must
• Be an experienced grower
• Have a recognised qualification in horticulture
• Be a dynamic ‘hands-on’ grower with a substantial track record of experience at operational level in a modern commercial production unit
• Manage permanent and seasonal employees on a day to day basis
• Have strong influencing and communication skills
• Be computer literate with knowledge of computer control systems
• Ability to inspire, enthuse & motivate a team to better production levels
Type of Person
• Hard-working self-starter with the ability to develop better solutions to challenges
• Has a long-term vision for the business
• Has an excellent track record of achievement
• Capable of seeking and gaining ‘buy-in’ and implementing positive change
• Seeks continuous business improvement
• Highly professional approach to all aspects of work
• Ability to use own initiative and make an immediate impact
The remuneration package includes an excellent starting salary depending on the calibre and experience of the successful candidate.