Founded over 40 years ago, our client is a leading fresh produce business with sales in 2017 in excess of £275 million, a market share in excess of 30% in their product areas and a year round business supplying all of Britain’s leading retailers. They have a genuine passion and pride in their fresh produce which is seen through their commitment to quality and their year round offering of the very best tasting fresh produce.
As farmers and producers they respect their land and their environment; as marketers and distributors, they respect the expertise and needs of everyone in the chain and with their unrivalled expertise and passion for the product they aim to ensure the best possible eating experience.
Due to ongoing and rapid expansion they are now looking for a Head of Business Development
The main aims of the role are to lead business development opportunities across the business, understand current and future consumer needs whilst seeking new commercial opportunities ongoing.
The Key Areas of the Role will include:
- Bringing on new clients in emerging channels and markets
- Work with the Sales Director to grow and develop retail and existing client opportunities
- Work with the Buying Director to scope and develop sustainable export clients
- Use Consumer research and Category analysis to inform future scoping options, deploying branded options where appropriate.
- Engage UK and overseas growers in client relationships, knowledge and development
- Review all services provided by third parties, supported by the Leadership Team, to understand where costs can be removed without impact on their unique service
What we want to see:
- Self-starting with the ability to act autonomously
- Appreciation of the business needs and resourcefulness in coming up with solutions to all commercial challenges
- Risk aware, knows when to ask for help but happy to take well thought through risks within the businesses boundaries
- Ability to relate to key client personnel in a professional and credible fashion
- Good interpersonal skills and well developed leadership and management skills
- Creative, quick thinking and open minded
- Ability to delegate effectively and to follow-up as appropriate
- Ability to work across functions with colleagues across professional, operational and cultural boundaries
This is a great business and a great role. So if this role looks to be right up your street, we would love to hear from you! Please apply via this website or call Max MacGillivray on 01284 715044 quoting ref: 4796M