One of the true successes of the fresh sectors, our client was established over 30 years ago. They now partner with the best growers internationally fulfilling consumer demand for consistent, high quality fresh produce throughout the year.
As they gain further positive demands from their customers, they are now investing heavily into specific UK fruit production as a natural evolution of their proven business model. Because of this exciting growth, they now wish to source an accomplished Head of Agriculture to run their UK fresh produce farming operations.
- You’ll be responsible for the success of the company in all areas of growing, technical, harvest, operations and strategic development in terms of the agricultural division
- You will source the best Farm Managers for the UK operations and work with them individually to make sure that production plans are being implemented in a highly effective and profitable manner
THE KEY AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY:
- Planning and managing all farm activities against set KPI’s
- Preparing and implementing budgets and monitoring financial, growing and technical performance to hit target ongoing
- Ensuring that all activities are in strict compliance with relevant legislation
- Dealing with internal and external stakeholders
- Presenting regular updates to the company board/owners
- Developing and implementing the business strategy to successful conclusions all round
WHAT WE WANT TO SEE:
- Ideally a Degree in agriculture or related subject and possibly a post graduate qualification as well
- Proven experience as a Farm Manager of a complex operation and ideally with fresh produce exposure as well
- Business, planning and financial management skills
- Human Resource experience, including hiring, supervising, and evaluation of staff
- Experience of working with a Board of Directors and committees
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- The ability to manage and supervise a staff team
- Proven ability to cope with conflict, stress and crises
- Demonstrated ability to share skills and knowledge with others.
This is probably one of the most exciting Agri-Business fresh produce focussed roles that we have seen in recent years. If you believe that you can make a real ongoing positive difference to our client as they grow rapidly in the UK & internationally, we would be very keen to hear from you.
Either submit your details via this website or call Max MacGillivray on +44 (0) 1284 715055 quoting Ref: 4784M