Our client is a highly innovative leader within their field and one of the UK’s largest Soft Fruit producers. Due to continued success, they are now searching for a Head of Quality to help drive the quality agenda throughout their business.
Energetically and efficiently lead and manage the quality function and quality across the growing business. Making a step change in all aspects of quality performance through building an effective end to end quality process and building a culture of quality and customer focus (internal and external). Influence peer group to increase the voice of quality within the business. Ensure that the right levels of quality are maintained at the right cost – ensure a balanced approach with reputation and quality as the primary objective and cost as a very close second. Ensure quality is not perceived as just sorting out defects, it is also proactively “engineering” in good quality throughout the process.
1. Ensure a safe working environment and ways of working are attained at all times.
2. Reduce customer and consumer complaints.
3. Ensure all Audits are passed with flying colours
4. Set and maintain an appropriate set of KPIs, with structured actions to improve
5. Develop and deliver a quality strategy that will deliver excellent measurable results
6. Maintain and deliver a quality improvement plan identifying where the most impact will be realised
7. Respond in a timely manner to all relevant customer feedback, and requests with a world class response that will build our reputation.
8. Ensure there is an end to end quality process that ensures that defects are not passed on at any step of the process. From field to customer drop off.
9. Ensure that quality standards are effectively defined, trained out and adhered to.
10. Ensure that waste is not created through “Over quality”
11. Understand root causes of any quality non compliance (both Acute and chronic) and through taking action to remedy proactively reduce waste.
12. Maintain contact with customers
13. Develop quality team members for succession planning and increased performance.
You will be exemplary communicator with experience within the food industry and at least 5 years experience of managing quality within a business operating on tight timescales and fast paced decisions making. Soft fruit experience would be ideal. You will need to demonstrate the ability to develop and delivery strategies and quality processes and know what excellent looks like. Confident when dealing with others, able to influence and engender change.
If this sounds like you, please don’t delay, submit your CV into Redfox immediately. Or for a highly confidential chat, please call Ian Reed at Redfox on 01284 715055.