Fabulous, healthy fresh & freshly prepared produce – that’s what our client is all about !
Not only have they been supplying fresh produce and pre-packed salads and meals to Australians for three generations but today, their business is stronger than ever. In fact, in the last five years, while other Australian companies have sadly closed their doors, they have achieved double digit growth. Better still, they’ve got even bigger plans for the future.
And that’s where you come in.
They are currently recruiting for a very capable Head of Technical. In this influential senior management role you’ll use your leadership skills, vision and drive to take overall responsibility for multiple-site technical function, ensuring all prepared and finished products are produced in line with quality, safety and legislation requirements as well as customer expectations.
With our client, you’ll be given a chance to share your ideas and make a difference in a fast-paced, fun environment where career development is supported all the way. It’s a great opportunity to do work that you not only love but also give customers healthier food choices.
- Processing: To design, optimise and establish Quality and Technical systems and processes to ensure supply of safe quality products, including new products, consistently across all processing sites with a significant emphasis on continuous improvement.
- Industry Quality Standards: Work with Industry Associations, Industry Groups, and Regulators to drive Industry continuous improvement in relation to Ready to Eat Salad production.
- Sorting and risk assessment framework is effective, and key risk mitigation actions are implemented.
- Develop and implement joint technical plans with customers, ensuring Competitive Advantage in Food Safety and Quality is maintained with customers.
- Identify and assess Systems and Technological advances to enhance and improve Competitive Advantage and Food Safety outcomes.
- To lead and develop a Food Safety Culture benchmarking and continuous improvement system within the business (processing and farming).
- Fresh Produce experience would be a benefit but not critical. However, short shelf life fresh chilled experience is critical.
- Senior Technical/Lead Technical professional with min 8 years experience
- Proven track record in coaching and mentoring teams
- High flexibility and resilience
- Adaptable to change
- Loves a challenge
- Can integrate well into a new team
Brisbane, Queensland. With its beautiful weather, world-class sporting and cultural facilities, access to glorious beaches, fine dining, cafes, nightlife, schools and hospitals – not to mention the friendly people – it’s the perfect place to build a fantastic career and enjoy a great lifestyle in the Australian sun.
If this sounds just what you’re looking for for 2018 and beyond, don’t delay, please contact Ian Reed at Redfox for a confidential discussion immediately! Ref: 4849IR