Our client is a farmer owned central storage co-operative working on a multi-site basis bringing service excellence to members across the heart of England and on the doorstep of their food industry consumers. Their key sites are located in the right place to collect agricultural commodities from their farmer members, whilst also being adjacent to consumers, ensuring a unique offer of guaranteed rapid delivery, 7 days a week and 365 days a year. Farmer commitment, farmer control, careful planning and customer care drives the organisation that has accessed substantial grant aid for its members, bringing pioneering new developments to farmer owned storage and food processing for the first time. It is a remarkable business making a real difference to its farmer members and to the food supply chain as whole
Due to increased growth they are now looking for a select number of key individuals to join them to assist driving their ongoing expansion. As such they wish to source a driven Health, Safety & Environmental Manager.
Main Element of the Role:
To develop and lead a programme of continuous improvement for our client’s health, safety and environment standards, systems and procedures, ensuring compliance with all legal obligations and playing a key role in delivering and maintaining a positive HSE culture throughout the business.
- Liaise regularly with the Senior Executive Management Team and Board of Directors to ensure a proactive approach is taken to HSE.
- Conduct necessary safety audits and reviews to ensure full legal compliance and implementation of all necessary HSE policies, procedures and equipment testing regimes.
- Assess all current HSE documentation, identify areas that require improvement and recommend solutions.
- Develop and lead a programme of continuous improvement to our safety standards, systems and procedures, ensuring legislative compliance and best practice within the agricultural industry and across the multi-disciplined teams.
- Maintain a central record of all risk assessments, assess their content and ensure effective and appropriate actions are undertaken.
- Act as a primary point of contact and communicate as appropriate with all regulatory authorities as appropriate.
- Ensure all safety inspections are carried out, fire drills and alarms, risk assessments and lone working procedures are correctly adhered to and all employees are aware of their HSE responsibilities.
- Advise management on a range of specialist areas, such as fire regulations, hazardous substances, noise, dust, safeguarding machinery, traffic management and occupational diseases.
- Design, develop and implement a long term HSE cultural change programme throughout the business.
- Build effective relationships with influencers across the whole business and raise the profile of HSE.
- Ensure all accidents, incidents and near misses reports are fully investigated, appropriate actions identified, implement and communicated as appropriate.
- Review all induction and workplace training to ensure HSE is correctly prioritised and staff feel appropriately empowered to contribute to a safe working environment within their areas of responsibility.
What We Want to See From You:
- Minimum NEBOSH Diploma/Certificate qualification.
- Thorough knowledge of health, safety and environment legislation.
- Four years practical experience of HSE management.
- Good written and oral communicator.
- Presentation skills.
- Attention to detail.
- Leadership skills.
- Good negotiator with great leadership skills.
- Highly motivated with very good communication skills and investigative skills.
This is probably one of the most exciting Agri-Businesses currently in the UK to be associated with in terms of career and personal development that we have seen in recent years. If you believe that you can make a real ongoing positive difference to our client as they grow rapidly in the UK, we would be very keen to hear from you.
Either submit your details via this website or call Ian Reed or Caroline Crouchman on +44 (0) 1284 715055 quoting Ref: 4798IR