Junior Commercial Manager Required x 3 – Leading Fresh Sector Business
Based Eastern Counties
Great Salary & Package
Our client is a UK leader in their field of Fresh Food growing, production and marketing to a number of the key UK retailers. Their short-term ambition is to win another retail account and to grow their business in a sustained manner ongoing. As such, they have reached a key “trigger” stage of their growth that they now wish to source 2-3 Junior Commercial Managers so that they can grow their own talent and succession planning for senior roles long-term.
What are key highlights of this role?
A Junior Commercial Manager with our client gains P&L accountability and is responsible for driving effective customer relationships with one of their biggest accounts. You will be required to work in a cross-functional team to develop a differentiated & effective business plan with the retailer aiming towards mutually beneficial results. Each Commercial Manager will have specific category ownership and therefore requires a strategic mind-set & ability to develop a strong internal & external network when developing their retailer category strategy. You will be driven by the challenge of delivering category & brand growth and negotiating terms with the account in order to exceed targets.
So in addition…
- Working in an internal multi-functional team to deliver:
- Accurate forecasting & exceptional customer service, through data analysis & collaboration with demand & supply teams.
- Mid to long term category strategy tailored to your retailers priorities & shoppers by working with the category development team
- Innovative sales & marketing solutions by working on differentiated marketing plans with the marketing team.
- Monitoring & reporting of account performance to key internal partners
- Develop a strong understanding & proximity of your account in order to become their advocate within our clients business
- Finding creative product and process solutions to drive sales and profit
- You will be responsible for leading retailer strategy meetings to sell and negotiate all of our new products, concepts and commercial propositions making sure the customer is at the heart of everything you do
What we want to see:
- Educated to degree level
- Highly numerate – strong analytically
- Strong Communication skills – written and verbal
- Excellent presentation skills
- Strong negotiator
- Experience in a fast paced sales environment
- Highly organised with prioritisation skills
What Key Sills is our client looking for:
- Demonstrates entrepreneurship
- Manages Complexity
- Achieves results with integrity
- Interacts effectively
What could our client offer you?
- World class training and development
- Excellent benefits including pension, bonus and a competitive salary
- Work with one of the most forward thinking food business in the UK and develop a long term career with them
- The opportunity to lead change you want to see within the world of food
This role will suit a recent graduate or/and an individual 1-3 years into the food/FMCG sectors and is now relishing the chance to accelerate their career with a great business on a long-term basis.
For more information on these great roles and to potentially meet with our clients, please submit your details via this website or call Max MacGillivray on 01284 715055 quoting re: 4955M