Our client is a farmer owned central storage co-operative working on a multi-site basis bringing service excellence to members across the heart of England and on the doorstep of their food industry consumers. Their key sites are located in the right place to collect agricultural commodities from their farmer members, whilst also being adjacent to consumers, ensuring a unique offer of guaranteed rapid delivery 7 days a week and 365 days a year. Farmer commitment, farmer control, careful planning and customer care drives the organisation that has accessed substantial grant aid for its members, bringing pioneering new developments to farmer owned storage and food processing for the first time. It is a remarkable business making a real difference to its farmer members and to the food supply chain as whole
Due to increased growth they are now looking for a select number of key individuals to join them to assist driving their ongoing expansion. As such they wish to source a driven Laboratory Manager.
Main Element of the Role:
To organise and undertake day to day effective, accurate and efficient processing of the laboratory workload.
- Liaising with Transport Department about contract specifications.
- Organise and supervise Laboratory Technicians.
- Liaise with Site Manager about contract specifications and test results.
- Responsible for Laboratory and Laboratory staff complying with all Health and Safety regulations.
- Handling samples that are received into the lab according to documented procedure, including attention to storage requirements and the prevention of cross contamination.
- Testing a variety of different arable crops and recording results correctly and clearly both electronically and as paper records.
- Operate a weighbridge for incoming and out loading lorries.
- Maintenance of the laboratories and weighbridge.
- Adhere to Company H&S policies and procedures at all times.
What We Want to See from You:
- Internal Lab Training and Competency.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Attention to detail.
- Ability to work under pressure and to strict deadlines.
- Knowledge of TASCC and BRC guidelines/regulations.
- Computer literate (especially Excel).
- Flexible and with the ability to manage a team.
This is probably one of the most exciting Agri-Businesses currently in the UK to be associated with in terms of career and personal development that we have seen in recent years. If you believe that you can make a real ongoing positive difference to our client as they grow rapidly in the UK, we would be very keen to hear from you.
Either submit your details via this website or call Max MacGillivray or Caroline Crouchman on 01284 715055 quoting Ref: 4803CC