Our client is a farmer owned central storage co-operative working on a multi-site basis bringing service excellence to members across the heart of England and on the doorstep of their food industry consumers. Their key sites are located in the right place to collect agricultural commodities from their farmer members, whilst also being adjacent to consumers, ensuring a unique offer of guaranteed rapid delivery, 7 days a week and 365 days a year. Farmer commitment, farmer control, careful planning and customer care drives the organisation that has accessed substantial grant aid for its members, bringing pioneering new developments to farmer owned storage and food processing for the first time. It is a remarkable business making a real difference to its farmer members and to the food supply chain as whole
Due to increased growth they are now looking for a select number of key individuals to join them to assist driving their ongoing expansion. As such they wish to source a driven Laboratory Technician.
Main Element of the Role:
To assist with the smooth running of the Lab, ensuring incoming and out-loading vehicles are weighed in, tested and recorded correctly.
- Helping coordinating the weighing of incoming and out-loading vehicles.
- Testing a variety of different arable crops and recording results correctly and clearly both electronically and as paper records.
- Tasks as directed by Laboratory Manager.
- Working as part of a team, under pressure to a deadline.
- Gathering accurate information on crop grades, specifications etc.
- Helping to check driver’s paperwork to ensure they are sent to the correct intake pit or bulk tank on site.
- Adhere to TASCC code of practice for the storage of combinable crops and animal feeds.
- Helping to monitor Critical Control Points within the companies HACCP system
- Adhere to Company H&S policies and procedures at all times
What We Want to See from You:
- Good communication skills
- Personal credibility
- Attention to detail
- Ability to work under pressure and to strict deadlines
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Internal Lab Training and Competency.
- Knowledge of TASCC and BRC guidelines/regulations
- HACCP awareness
This is probably one of the most exciting Agri-Businesses currently in the UK to be associated with in terms of career and personal development that we have seen in recent years. If you believe that you can make a real ongoing positive difference to our client as they grow rapidly in the UK, we would be very keen to hear from you.
Either submit your details via this website or call Max MacGillivray or Caroline Crouchman on 01284 715055 quoting Ref: 4799CC