Our client is a farmer owned central storage co-operative working on a multi-site basis bringing service excellence to members across the heart of England and on the doorstep of their food industry consumers. Their key sites are located in the right place to collect agricultural commodities from their farmer members, whilst also being adjacent to consumers, ensuring a unique offer of guaranteed rapid delivery, 7 days a week and 365 days a year. Farmer commitment, farmer control, careful planning and customer care drives the organisation that has accessed substantial grant aid for its members, bringing pioneering new developments to farmer owned storage and food processing for the first time. It is a remarkable business making a real difference to its farmer members and to the food supply chain as whole
Due to increased growth they are now looking for a select number of key individuals to join them to assist driving their ongoing expansion.
As such they wish to source a driven Logistics Manager.
Main Element of the Role:
Manage and support the logistics team and operation ensuring legal compliance while maintaining the highest standard of Health & Safety. Deputise for the Logistics Director in their absence.
- Manage the day to day logistics operator’s license ensuring the fleet is legally compliant.
- Ensure that there are clear and effective systems and processes in place to manage legal compliance.
- Management of drivers, ensuring that all drivers are fully trained and legally compliant.
- Manage and monitor driver’s hours, infringements training and CPC requirements.
- Manage servicing maintenance and replacement schedules and repairs through agreed partners.
- Manage customers hauliers and driver complaints.
- Manage FORS & TASCC accreditation.
- Aid the Logistics Director preparing and submitting various KPI reports, and recruitment of resources during peak periods.
- Assist with vehicle planning and obtaining third party work.
- Build relationships with customers farmers and external hauliers.
- Management of Logistics Related Health and Safety procedures and policy’s and creating a culture that is H&S conscious
What We Want To See From You:
- Motivational Leadership
- Delegation / Development Others
- Certificate of Professional Competence
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Transport legislation regarding ‘O’ Licence, Drivers Hours, Construction and Use Regulations
- Ability to work under pressure
- MS Excel Outlook & Word to a high standard
- Knowledge / utilisation of routing packages desirable
- Road Health and Safety Management and IOSH qualifications desirable
- Health & Safety awareness
- Attention to Detail
This is probably one of the most exciting Agri-Businesses currently in the UK to be associated with in terms of career and personal development that we have seen in recent years. If you believe that you can make a real ongoing positive difference to our client as they grow rapidly in the UK, we would be very keen to hear from you.
Either submit your details via this website or call Max MacGillivray or Caroline Crouchman on +44 (0) 1284 715055 quoting Ref: 4801CC