Our client is a members organisation made up of member fruit growers – (Apples, Pears and Soft and Stone Fruit). They are always seeking the best route to market for its members’ fruit, and to maintain professional management and close links to customers and the consumer.
We are currently looking for a Multi-skilled Maintenance Engineer, with an electrical bias and is able to provide a first class maintenance service to the pack house. Ensuring that machinery and facilities are always operational, efficient with minimum downtime and structured PMM activity. The ideal applicant will already be an existing Maintenance Engineer, who is ideally familiar with machinery within a Pack house facility. The role is Monday – Friday – day time, so might also appeal to someone wanting to improve their work life balance, by working sociable hours.
- To ensure the pack house lines and all designated machinery is safe operational and efficient thereby allowing optimal targets to be met.
- To perform all work requirements as per reports of breakdowns, faults including PLCs and electronics, and to carry out planned schedules for servicing whilst complying with health and safety, environmental and food safety requirements.
- Provide all Operators with training to operate the relevant machinery as required.
- Identify any purchasing requirements and submit and place orders after obtaining relevant authority.
- Identify any faults or concerns arising from PPM and consult line manager where appropriate.
- Actively promote best practice in relation to Hygiene, Health & Safety standards and good housekeeping and support the Company’s efforts to minimize its environmental impact and adopt environmental best practice
- Responsible for the control of contractors.
Salary £30,000 plus excellent benefits, 25 days holiday.
How to Apply
Apply via this website or call Caroline on 01284 715055 – quoting Ref 4766C.