Our client is a high regarded and progressive family run business based in the Central Midlands and farming over 3,500ha’s of prime land. The core activities of the business are the growing of root crops being carrots, parsnips and leeks for key retailers as well as potatoes for the crisping industry.
They operate a flat management structure with a young, well established and highly professional team. They employ approximately 85 full time staff and a number of seasonal staff. Their success is driven by their passion and their range of products. As a business they are unique as they are truly committed to providing their colleagues with a challenging and engaging working environment and offer a truly great place to work.
As the business continues to evolve, they are now in a position to create a key new role of Maintenance Manager for the business. The role will “sit” between the Packhouse Manager and the key Planner and will be multi-functional in all areas.
Main Element of the Role:
To ensure the smooth running of the plant and that all machinery is in full working order and running as efficiently as possible.
- Carry out preventative and corrective maintenance on equipment throughout the clients different sites.
- To ensure all machinery and services are in working order and ready for production after maintenance periods.
- Ensure the plants operate safely.
- Identify and implement actions to optimise the operations of the plants/packing facilities on site.
- Liaise with the various Production Managers
- Record keeping including Engineering worksheets.
- Organising quotes and ordering where necessary.
- Knowledge of Excel
- Adhere to Company H&S policies and procedures at all times and report any breaches of H&S via the Companies reporting system.
What We Want To See From You:
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Able to work at heights and in confined spaces
- Excellent communication skills
- Computer literate
- Good numerical skills
- Qualified welder (Desirable not essential)
- Flexible approach to shifts
- Motivational Leadership
- Ability to work under pressure
- Health & Safety awareness
- Attention to Detail
This is probably one of the most exciting Agri-Businesses currently in the UK to be associated with in terms of career and personal development that we have seen in recent years. If you believe that you can make a real ongoing positive difference to our client as they grow rapidly in the UK, we would be very keen to hear from you.
Either submit your details via this website or call Max MacGillivray on 01284 715055 quoting Ref: 4848M