We are looking for an experienced “hands on” Engineering Manager for our client who is a UK producer and supplier of ruminant fibre feed and bedding for large scale equestrian and agricultural customers. The ideal candidate is likely have at least 3 years engineering experience in a manufacturing environment (ideally Agriculture, Milling, Feed Milling)
Main Element of the Role:
To ensure the smooth running of the site and that all machinery is in full working order and running as efficiently and that all work is carried out according to H&S policy.
- Carry out preventative and corrective maintenance on equipment.
- To ensure all machinery and services are in working order and ready for production after maintenance periods.
- Manage maintenance budget and purchases.
- Ensure the plants operate safely.
- Maintain high standards of tidiness, cleanliness and organisation.
- Adhere to Company H&S policies and procedures at all times and report any breaches of H&S via the Companies reporting system.
- Identify and implement actions to optimise the operations of the plants.
- Record keeping including breakdowns, root causes and implement permanent repairs
What We Want To See From You:
- Great people management and leadership skills (Supervisor or Manager)
- Excellent communication skills
- Computer literate
- Good numerical skills
- ONC/Btec Nat Diploma Level 3 in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering/apprenticeship in Maintenance Management
- Practical experience in LEAN techniques – 5S, SMED, TPM
- Motivational Leadership
- Ability to work under pressure, resiliant, optimistic and open to change
- Health & Safety awareness
- Attention to Detail
Would like to know more?
just send over your CV or Caroline on 01284 715055 quoting ref: 4841CC