Our client is one of the largest food manufacturers in the UK with multiple sites supplying a wide range of food products, meat, fish and produce. They are part of a fully integrated supply chain direct through to retail.
An opportunity has now emerged to work as a HYGIENE MANAGER for this leading and highly respected business, based in Deeside – near Liverpool. You will lead the Nights operation (10pm – 6am) and directly manage the Hygiene Team to ensure routine deep cleaning is completed to allow a safe and hygiene working environment for food production. As part of the leadership team, when the business requires you will also be accountable for overseeing the Nights Production operation across several departments.
• Leading the Nights operation working on a permanent night shift in a fast-paced food environment
• Direct Reports typically between 3 and 5, and overall responsibility for over 100 colleagues
• Part of a site involving up to £5m to £15m of stock passing through in one week
You will work collaboratively with the General Manager and other members of the Senior Team. You will encourage excellent inter-department working, liaising with colleagues in other functions on site. You will work in partnership with agency suppliers to improve supply and colleague experience.
Role-specific knowledge, skills & experience:
- Knowledge and understanding of a HIGH RISK food manufacturing business
- The ability to challenge behaviours to ensure consistency with service to customers
- Understanding of Hygiene cleaning methods in food manufacturing environments
- Ability to manage a production operation
- Strong influencing skills
- A reputation for coaching teams and individuals to realise their potential
- Previous Management experience in a comparable operation to Level 4
- Success in the profitability improvement of a Production operation
A substantial and comprehensive remuneration package awaits the successful candidate. Contact Caroline on 01284 715055 quoting 4752CC