Our client is a members organisation made up of member fruit growers – (Apples, Pears and Soft and Stone Fruit). They are always seeking the best route to market for its members’ fruit, and to maintain professional management and close links to customers and the consumer.
We are seeking a very “hands on” Operations Manager, to oversea the groups Pack house facility. The ideal candidate might already be an existing Operations Manager, or a Production Manager, looking for their next step. A “down to earth” individual is a must, who is willing and able to get involved at grass roots level with all aspects of the operation. The ability to inspire and communicate successfully with a team of nearly 100 employees, working mainly Monday to Friday is an essential part of the role.
- Develop and deliver systems, processes and plans for the site, ensuring customer requirements and specifications are met, orders are fulfilled and product is always packed safely and in accordance with all Company SOP’s and policies.
- Lead, manage, develop and motivate staff, ensuring the 1-1 system is used across the site.
- Manage labour resources effectively across appropriate shift patterns and seasonality, to ensure site works at full capacity.
- Lead H&S across the site, actively promoting best practice and ensuring all policies and processes are adhered to.
- Lead and implement the highest standards and best practice in relation to hygiene and good housekeeping, environmental initiatives.
- Ensure profitability of the site, budgetary/financial controls are implemented and lead a culture of financial awareness.
- be responsible for the upkeep and the maintenance of the facility and machinery. Ensuring a system of PPM is in place.
- Champion quality and organise audits, customer and shareholder visits. Work and assist QC, Technical and Commercial colleagues to investigate complaints, recalls and issues.
Salary £50,000 – £55,000 plus attractive benefit package
Apply via this website or call Caroline on 01284 715055 for a confidential conversation – quoting Ref 4765CC.