Our client is based in Norfolk and is a 3rd generation family farming business growing combinable crops, sugar beet and specialising in early new season root vegetable production with modern storage for year round supply.
We are seeking an experienced Packhouse Manager who has the responsibility of managing a team of both permanent and agency staff and the day to day running of the onion packhouse and grading line. You will be responsible for ensuring customer orders are delivered on time and to the correct standard, and overseeing the harvest period where product is loaded into stores and you will manage the drying and storing of high value produce. The successful candidate will come from a relevant fresh produce production/operational background and have knowledge of food safety standards. The role is Monday to Friday (weekend rota).
Qualifications and Skills
- Strong management and people skills are essential.
- A great communicator with the ability to foster and maintain excellent working relationships.
- A tenacious and firm attitude to lead teams in order to solve and overcome issues.
- Highly motivated, resilient and leads by example.
- Must be able to work under pressure and meet deadlines whilst maintaining a positive attitude.
- Health & Safety focus, with knowledge of safe working practices.
- Attention to detail as far as standards, quality and procedures are concerned.
- Continuous improvement focus
- Relevant fresh produce production and operations experience and knowledge of food safety standards
How to Apply:
Just send through your CV or call Caroline on 01284 715055 quoting Ref 4843CC