Redfox has been exclusively commissioned by Ingham’s, the leading Australian Poultry producer, to source a number of key individuals for their business.
Ingham’s was founded as a family business in the 1950’s. Subsequently it has expanded through a combination of organic growth and acquisitions, to become the largest integrated poultry producer across Australia and New Zealand. Today it employs 8,200 people and continues to build on their proud history of quality and customer service, supplying major retailers, QSR operators, food service distributors and wholesalers. Ingham’s also holds strong market positions across the Australian turkey, Australian stockfeed and the New Zealand dairy feed industries.
Due to ongoing growth, they are now looking for a select number of expert Plant Manager for key sites in Australia.
The Plant Managers within the business are responsible for the day to day ongoing running and continuous improvement of the sites. Also included is the implementation of a medium term strategic site plan in line with network strategy and looking to follow the key businesses values ongoing of quality, safety, operational excellent, customer service, integrity and high performance.
Main aim of the Plant Manager Role:
- Coach the team to ensure a clear understanding of the requirements relating to Animal Welfare, Food Safety and Quality
- Inspire others with a compelling safety vision and demonstrate your commitment to reducing risks by motivating and encouraging your team
- Continuous improvement in plant performance and efficiency, refining planning tools to optimise network cost and utilisation
- Continuous improvement of engineering performance, building capability to support growth across the site
- Coach and develop the production team to ensure they have the capability to meet the performance goals
- Reduce turnover and ensure labour cost base is the most productive, efficient and cost competitive for the industry
- Manage, monitor and keep within budget, utilising appropriate levers to achieve budget where possible
- Comply with all company policies and standard operating procedures
- Manage audit processes with support services and auditors.
- Partner with safety and Technical Services to ensure that relevant policies and procedures are clearly defined, communicated and effective
- Implement the continuous improvement initiatives
- Working with planning to map out production demand, supply and labour requirements
- Understand customer requirements to ensure they are communicated to plant
- Lead and complete projects on time and within framework and to budget
- Support the NPD team through appropriate scheduling and resourcing of trials
What we want to see from the Successful Candidate:
- Proven ability to develop, communicate and implement production plans to budgets and service delivery
- Experience providing and analysing operational reports
- Experience monitoring compliance with safety policies and procedures
- Experience in coaching and developing team members to achieve a high levels of performance ongoing
- Knowledge of relevant legislative and compliance requirements
- Experience working within the Food Production or FMCG would be greatly appreciated
- Degree qualified in relevant discipline
The potential of these roles, the ongoing success of the Ingham’s business and the lifestyle attributes of living in Australia are significant.
To find out more about this opportunity, please apply direct via this website or feel free to call Max or Caroline on +44 (0) 1284 715055 quoting ref: 4770M
Please note that the Ingham’s business is working with Redfox on an exclusive basis. As such any third part CV’s will be directly forwarded to Redfox.