We are looking for an experienced Agricultural Procurement /Buyer for our client who is home to some of the most iconic British snack brands.
Our client employs around 2000 people and are passionate about people and proud of the exciting, rewarding careers they offer.
They need a new individual to join them (mainly due to expansive business growth) on the raw material side of the veg sector . They are looking for someone to procure a select range of spud/veg lines…but an individual who will fit with them culturally wise. Long term commitment will be rewarded with long term rewards and significant personal development. You will therefore need demonstrable experience in agriculture procurement.
- You will control all aspects of Annual contract negotiations for raw root vegetables for Snack processing. As such the role will require an understanding of root vegetable crops from Parsnips, carrots and beetroot and sweet potato and potatoes.
Reserving Seed to cover forward volumes
– Working with suppliers and factory data providing assessment of prior season & varietal Performance review. Working with procurement manager to discuss seed and variety breakdown for following
- Weekly Contract volume management –
Tracking volumes vs contract and confirming actual balance – Identifying any risk to volume.
- Weekly Scheduling – Confirming weekly supplier allocation for production.
Liaising with Haulage to ensure continuity of supply to site and monitoring stock levels are balanced according to plan.
- Purchase Orders/Invoicing – Raising weekly purchase orders for the value of the materials and receipting quantities
- Grower Compliance/Quality issues – Managing supplier issues and resolving commercial discussions. Supplier visits to keep up to date with on farm information and maintaining suppliers audits.
- Supplier Performance – Collating technical and factory data to ensure supplier performance is reviewed and optimised delivering the highest standard of quality and customer service.
- Field Work – Working with all the key suppliers to ensure crop intelligence is maintained throughout the growing, harvest and storage periods. Sampling of crops and data gathering to proactively understand potential issues.
- Variety Development – Support the development and introduction/removal of new/existing potato varieties that will benefit processing and improve total cost base and improve key technical and quality requirements.
So if you have a background in procurement in the Veg/Potato sectors either at a junior, mid-management and you would like a balance between a corporate environment and out in the field in your wellies, get in contact asap
Just send through your CV and we will send you the job description. If you are already registered with us, just let us know of your interest by either phone or e-mail: – Caroline Crouchman on 01284 715055 quoting ref: 4973CC