As one of the UK’s key and largest growers and suppliers for a key staple retail fresh produce product, our client is poised for even more positive future growth. They pack their fresh produce in a select number of strategically located and highly innovative packing facilities in the UK for their retailer, wholesale and processing customers. With 200 plus UK growers aligned to them along with the fresh produce from their own growing operations provide their packhouse sites with the material to store, manage and pack for their key customer base 364 days of the year.
The main aim of the Procurement Fieldsman role is to monitor crops in both the field and the store and deliver timely, accurate information to the site teams on quality, condition and availability.
As such the key responsibilities will include:
- Working alongside key internal colleagues to provide regular, timely, accurate information on growing conditions, crop maturity and yield predictions.
- Work with the key growers to ensure crops are harvested and loaded into store in optimum conditions.
- Regular monitoring of crops in store.
- Communication of crop intelligence information with procurement teams, site teams and external parties as appropriate.
- Continual development of crop intelligence monitoring and delivery.
- Identifying non contract buying opportunities and opportunities to bring non company growers on board.
- Help to deliver crop monitoring information in line with customer and grower expectations.
- Regular communication of growing and storage conditions and information to the wider business and customers as appropriate.
- Work with other members of the procurement team to develop and deliver the companies Agriculture Strategy.
- Maintain and develop industry relationships.
- Seek methods of continuous improvement in all aspects of growing and procurement.
What do we want to ideally see in terms of experience / qualifications?
- Experience in a procurement, trading or technical role preferably within the fresh produce sectors
- IT literate with excellent spreadsheet skills
- Full Driving Licence
- Ability to thrive on ambiguity/change and be able to push the business into new technologies/opportunities/directions.
The role and the progress that can be made with this business cannot be underestimated. To find out more, apply today via this website or call Max MacGillivray on 01284 715055 for more information.