As one of the UK’s key and largest growers and suppliers for a key staple retail fresh produce product, our client is poised for even more positive future growth. They pack their fresh produce in a select number of strategically located and highly innovative packing facilities in the UK for their retailer, wholesale and processing customers. With 200 plus UK growers aligned to them along with the fresh produce from their own growing operations provide their packhouse sites with the material to store, manage and pack for their key customer base 364 days of the year.
The main aim of the role is to ensure a timely, cost effective supply of the correct quality fresh produce to the main packing sites. As such the key responsibilities will include:
- Working with the senior procurement manager to develop appropriate long terms plans to deliver the right product all year round to guarantee supply for the main customers
- Communication of long term programmes to all growers and suppliers.
- Negotiate contract pricing to deliver the business objectives and budget.
- Regular monitoring of growing and stored crops.
- Development of medium term usage plans based on sales requirements, crop quality and supply availability.
- Regular communication of growing and storage conditions and information to the wider business and customers as appropriate.
- Short term raw material planning.
- Communication of quality and yield information to growers and suppliers.
- Operate as part of the site management team to deliver the wider business objectives.
- Work with other members of the procurement team to develop and deliver the companies Agriculture Strategy.
- Maintain and develop industry relationships.
- Seek methods of continuous improvement in all aspects of growing and procurement.
- Deliver against an agreed set of KPI’s and provide insight and commentary as appropriate.
What do we want to ideally see in terms of experience / qualifications?
- 3 years’ experience in a procurement, trading or technical role preferably within the fresh produce sectors
- Highly IT literate with excellent spreadsheet skills
- Excellent presenter and communicator at all levels with the interpersonal skills to build productive internal and external relationships
- Full Driving Licence
- Ability to thrive on ambiguity/change and be able to push the business into new technologies/opportunities/directions.
The role and the progress that can be made with this business cannot be underestimated. To find out more, apply today via this website or call Max MacGillivray on 01284 715055 for more information.