Our client is a market leader in their field and are currently experiencing a phenomenal growth rate in certain fresh product lines. Due to this ongoing growth, the business is now looking to develop their offering even further by sourcing a Production Director to drive the business forward, holding themselves to the highest standards of operational excellence for their various business units based across the South-East.
The role is a crucial element of the growing, production and marketing aspects of the business and will report to the main Board. As such the role will define industry best practice, create an unrivalled operational aspect and embed a new way of working into their culture ongoing. The ideal candidate will be detail orientated, a strong communicator, and be a growing/operational expert being able to create and embed this world class function into this driven and unique business ongoing.
- To run and manage all aspects of the growing and operational aspects of a multi-site operation in fresh produce
- Ensuring they are following best practice across the industry and by association creating improvements in operational performance
- Work with the existing Farm Management team and external growers to create a collective team capable of handling every increasing growth and new product lines
- Be an excellent communicator and leader of your teams
- To plan and implement the strategy for the planned aggressive growth of the business for all operational and growing aspects
- Strong communicator, able to report clearly and confidently to agency workers through to main Board
- Able to demonstrate structured and process driven thinking
- Both able to plan and execute operationally
- Good communication and relationship ability with all other areas of the business
- Previous senior level experience in the operational and growing aspects of fresh produce
- The likes of BASIS and FACTS would be advantageous as well as some Spanish speaking ability as well.
Ultimately to succeed in this role you will need to be able to take control of this complex business on a growing and operational basis and make a success of it all ongoing.
The role and the progress that can be made with this business cannot be underestimated. To find out more, apply today via this website or call Max MacGillivray on 01284 715055 for more information. Ref: 4741M