Production Manager Required for a Unique Business
Our client is a high regarded and progressive family run business based in the Central Midlands and farming over 3,500ha’s of prime land. The core activities of the business are the growing of root crops being carrots, parsnips and leeks for key retailers as well as potatoes for the crisping industry.
They operate a flat management structure with a young, well established and highly professional team. They employ approximately 85 full time staff and a number of seasonal staff. Their success is driven by their passion and their range of products. As a business they are unique as they are truly committed to providing their colleagues with a challenging and engaging working environment and offer a truly great place to work.
As the business continues to evolve, they are now in a position to create a key new role of Production Manager for the business. The role will “sit” between the Packhouse Manager and the key Planner and will be multi-functional in all areas.
- Looking after upwards of 5 full time staff as well as 30 agency workers at peak of season in the packing environment
- Maximizing the flow of product through the entire factory operation on a real time basis and leveling out peaks & troughs as well as arranging all labour elements to suit
- Control of all packing and packaging elements
- Development of new lines to “future proof” the business
- Research and installation and commissioning of key automation/robotics into the business
- Covering for key colleagues at times of absence
What We Would Like To See:
- An engineering background would be very advantageous
- Understanding of the food sectors on an operational aspect
- Commercially astute with good IT skills
- Great communicator and “leader” of a motivated workforce
This business and role is unique. They need to source an individual like you to assist with the day to day but to also plan/map out the future developments of the business in terms of packing, grading efficiencies using ever increasing robotics and automation. Hence why we are keen to source an individual that can plan for the future but also run the day to day. So no day is ever the same! To find out more about the role and the company, please apply via this website or call Max MacGillivray quoting ref: 4816M on 01284 715055.