Based in the West Midlands our client has become one of the leading UK suppliers of fresh chilled foods to the major multiples. The business is committed to continuous improvement and professional development, to this end our client is now seeking an experienced Production Manager to join their highly skilled factory team to help enable them to deliver innovative products and exceptional service to their customers. Reporting to the General Manager you will lead a team of talented people to ensure that all products are produced efficiently and safely.
- Liaise closely with the Procurement Manager to ensure that production plans are optimal and achievable prior to being issued.
- Lead with the support of the Department Managers the daily production meetings at the start of the day and on the shift change including other departments as required. To include (Planning, Technical, Engineering).
- Ensure that all technical procedures and policies are robustly adhered to in production. Conduct regular technical (GMP) audits and liaise closely with the technical team on non-conformance;
- Managing all 24/7 shift activities to achieve the daily targets required, prioritising activities appropriately, providing leadership and coaching of operators, to increase the team’s ability to deal with issues effectively.
- Managing total factory performance, focusing on driving operational excellence, managing any issues in the shift that could impact on production in the moment, or to ensure that performance issues in the factory are escalated and resolved.
- Supporting, coaching and auditing of site lean standards.
If you’re looking for a fresh challenge with a highly progressive business that’s riding a wave of success, look no further – get your CV into Redfox without delay!